Flowers

Re: suggestions of flowers that would match this bridal gown?

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress has beautiful lines.  If you want a modern feel, highlight the lines of the dress by using calla lilies which also have beautiful lines.  Add in fresh greenery with philodendren leaves and other large leaves and you have a sleek and graphic design.

Your dress also flows beautifully.  If you want a more traditional feel, highlight this flowy-ness (yes, I am inventing my own words) by using hydrangeas and peonies with trailing varigatied ivy.   Hydrangeas are available in both white and green flowers.  

Either choice would match the beauty of your dress. Congratulations.  
  • iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calla Lilies?

• flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    they are a little pricey but a bouquet of white phaelenopsis orchids would be stunning
  • SkiptinkSkiptink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A couple of questions first:

When are you getting married? And do you know the style of bouquet you would like - hand-tied or something in a holder-thingie?  (I don't know much either.)

Button or pompon mums or hydrangeas or even peonies if you're looking for something a little more full.
  • edited December 2011
    Sahara or perhaps Amnesia roses...or a tiny nosegay of gardenias...

sahara

amnesia ( touch lavendery)

chocolate cymbidiums, good size too)
     but I would stau small and very classic... amazingly beautiful gown so let ie speak for itself..

or chocolate cymbidiuums if you have dark features...

soooo gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    You really can't go wrong with this decision. So the first step is to relax about any faux pas. Not going to happen. The dress is beautiful and all flowers are beautiful.

That said, I agree with the suggestion of white phaelenopsis orchids. That would be modern and stunning! Also calla lilies would match the vibe of this gown - simple, sleek & modern. Make sure to have your florist include plenty of greenery or an accent colour as well, though, so the flowers really pop against your white dress in photos (white on white tends to blend in when it comes to the pictures).
  • edited December 2011
    ladies, thank so much for all your feedback.  I so appreciate it, and really mean that.

Skiptink, I'm getting married at the end of June.  I love the hand tied look.  I'd like to fasten the tie with a little brooch that could become a little heirloom of sorts.
  • edited December 2011
    This is a vey elegant gown.  Elegant flowers, like phaelenopsis orchids, like 6 stems tied together in a arm bouquet with a  ribbon to match the dress.  It would be pricey, but then the gown probably was too.  It would be a total look.  Bunches Bob 
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards