Flowers

destination wedding: finding out which flowers are available

I hope this hasn't already been posted, I did a search and didn't come up with anything. On to the question:

I am dead set on having orchids in my arrangements, but am planning a destination wedding in scotland and can not seem to find any solid information on what is available there, and/or what isn't going to cost me a small fortune. I am not ready yet to contact a florist as I need to first firmly decide on my venue, but have sent an e-mail (as embarrassing as it is,) to a local orchid society, but so far have not gotten a response. I was hoping someone would have a suggestion for me on how to find this info. I know I could go buy a book, but that really won't tell me what is COMMON and what kind of prices I'd be looking at! TYIA ladies!

Re: destination wedding: finding out which flowers are available

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the travel board on the Nest? There might be some ladies who have been to Scotland that can help.

I've found you can find ANYTHING on google. Try to look for retailers or florists in Scotland. There may be UK boards similar to google for retailers?

Good luck.
  • birdpantsbirdpants member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am marrying a Scotsman and I know that Scottish thistles, heather, and bluebell are quite prevalent in Scotland. My problem is getting them shipped to the US for my wedding in Sept! Good luck!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, I must have misunderstood. YOU are in Scotland, planning a wedding for HERE? Is that it?

I responded to your private message. Just PM me back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards