40-Plus Brides

Need Advice for ceremony music!

HI! 
Any advice for ceremony music?  I am 51 getting married for the 2nd time.  FH is getting married for the first time.  Our ceremony is at the venue and we are getting married by a rabbi & a priest. 
Any suggestions for processional and recessional music?

Re: Need Advice for ceremony music!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Your ceremony sounds like it will be really nice.  My suggestion is two-fold: (1) speak to the rabbi and priest and ask them to put you in touch with their music ministers for their suggestions; and (2) sit down with your FI and, together, explore music that you like.

Good luck!
  • I just got married this past August and we used Beth Champion Mason's song "Can't Love You Enough".  She wrote it to be a wedding song.  My cousin played the piano and found an awesome soloist to accompany him. The 2nd song they did was a Bruce Springsteen song from Lucky Town "If I Should Fall Behind".  It was absolutely beautiful! You can find both songs on YouTube.
    An alternate choice was 'Marry Me' by Train.  But Pat Monahan was not available :-) (LOL)
  • edited April 2012
    Our music before I walk down the aisle is going to be "From this Moment" by Shania Twain, processional will be "Forever In Love" by Kenny G and recessional will be "At Last" by Etta James.  The middle of the ceremony we're using "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  He is a Christian artist, but the song is beautiful. 

You'll have to check with the rabbi and priest on how they feel about non-religious music.  Fortunately, I don't have any restrictions.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards