Registry and Gift Forum

Too Much?

I absolutely fell in love with a particular line of vases and bowls. They come in an assortment of colors, all shapes and sizes, and I adore every single one. I honestly can't decide which ones I love the most so I am thinking of putting them all on my registry and allowing my friends and family to choose which ones they would like to give us.

My issue is that they are on the expensive side and run anywhere from $200 to $500. I'm afraid that by placing all of them (22) on our registry, it may come across as greedy.

Thoughts?

Re: Too Much?

• Yeah, I would think that was ridiculous if I saw it. If you can't decide, ask your FI to narrow it down to about 5.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • 22?  No way.  Agree with Mandy - 5 is good.

*maybe* 8.
  • Yeah, I figured that was right but I just didn' t want to have to choose. This is going to be hard...

Thanks for the input!
  • how many vases are you actually going to need?  I have one beautiful vase and have never had the need for a second...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_much-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:20f7c99b-17ca-4a42-b209-a6682d98af1cPost:89d01b67-dd34-4454-941f-bb144eab026d">Re: Too Much?</a>:
    [QUOTE]how many vases are you actually going to need?  I have one beautiful vase and have never had the need for a second...
    Posted by SteveandKris[/QUOTE]

I own 5 vases, and often have need for all of them because I like fresh flowers around the house.  I would use more if I had more, sometimes I use mason jars.  It just depends on your personal preferences and style.

OP, I agree that 20+ would be too much.  Think about how you'll display or store these, that may help in narrowing it down.  Also, I'm a fan of waiting a day without looking at them and seeing which ones you're still thinking about specifically at the end of that time, those are likely your favorites. 
  • WTF would you do with 22 vases?!  Honestly, at that price I'd stick with one or two.  If I saw a registry with five or eight $200-500 vases I'd give the serious side eye.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I would choose one that goes with the dining room, one that goes with the living room, and maybe one that goes with the kitchen.  Instead of thinking about how much you love each vase, figure out which ones go with the rest of your belongings.
  • She said vases and bowls- that's why I said 5 would be okay. I also suggested asking FI to narrow it down, as from personal experience guys can be more discriminating, they love stuff or hate it.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_much-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:20f7c99b-17ca-4a42-b209-a6682d98af1cPost:3960ceda-ac0d-4583-b849-111c651689d7">Re: Too Much?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF would you do with 22 vases?!  Honestly, at that price I'd stick with one or two.  If I saw a registry with five or eight $200-500 vases I'd give the serious side eye.
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I was surprised previous posters said 5 to 8.  That's expensive!
  • 22! dear god that is alot of vases.I agree with others about 5 being the max.How would you even store all of them?
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • But wouldn't it be funny if you ended up with 22 vases and nothing else?  Smile

Pick one or two.
  • i agree, narrow it down 3-5
  • Would you yourself purchase a $200-$500 vase?? If you say no, I wouldn't even put them on your registry!

And I would limit it to no more then 3 if you choose to put them on. Even 3 vases is a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards