your month board..

How active is your month board?
Do you visit it?
when you visit do you lurk or chat?

I really feel like my month board is lacking BIG time :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: your month board..

• edited December 2011
    Mine was like that at first, and the moderator was pretty much starting a new thread every day.  There was only one other person and myself posting.  Now it's pretty active.  I think we just needed interesting questions topics to discuss.  I go on it every day, just like this board.  Actually, I go to the Detroit board (post/lurk), July 2012 board (post/lurk), DIY (gawk and stalk for ideas), reception ideas (lurk), and budget (lurk) in that order. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    My month board is really active.  I used to be on there a lot more often, but it's gotten to be a little overwhelming, especially because I feel like half the posts are people AWing themselves about checks and whatnot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My month board is pretty active.  I have started posting there recently, since it seems like a fun group - and am doing the siggy challenge for the first time now.  Ditto sammichele though - a lot of the posts are AWs.

I still consider the Detroit board to be my main/home board.
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nereida - we don't have a moderator... but i try to post something everyday and liven the convo. i feel like we have more in common seeing how our weddings will be about the same time. (i also check and post on the DIY and Budget boards. love them!)

i can see how it could get out of hand with "aw"s .. but at this point i'd be happy to see other peoples!

ahhhh oh well... guess i'll stick around here :)

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty active on my month board but more on the NWR threads.  Ditto PP about a lot of AW and check posts.  I'm not nearly as invested in those girls' weddings as I am about the Detroit girls.  I can't wait to see your girls' weddings!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_month-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:89c5837b-1f4a-4744-87af-769809f011f3Post:9e272558-92d8-4f22-b6ca-ec25e8e714b0">Re: your month board..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nereida - we don't have a moderator... but i try to post something everyday and liven the convo. i feel like we have more in common seeing how our weddings will be about the same time. (i also check and post on the DIY and Budget boards. love them!)<strong> i can see how it could get out of hand with "aw"s .. but at this point i'd be happy to see other peoples!</strong> ahhhh oh well... guess i'll stick around here :)
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

<div>Our weddings aren't until next year, so the most our girls AW about is the venue being booked and dress shopping.  I love seeing people do mock centerpieces and invitation ideas, or finding them elsewhere and sharing with my month board.  It gives us ideas for when our time comes.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go on my month board now there was some crazy stuff going on for a while there but now it seems things are coming together. I frequent this board more and also the AAW board these are my staples and I agree with LIZ I need and want to see all of you ladies weddings. Love this board!
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, you ladies convinced me.. i need to spend more time here and less time there! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My boards pretty busy since 11-11-11 is a popular date but it's not as exciting as other boards.. such as my Detroit ladies [: 
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How active is your month board?  My board is actually pretty active.  We always have 3+ new posts a day.
    Do you visit it?  Yes, I actually hope to be the mod of it soon.
    when you visit do you lurk or chat?  I chat, a lot but not as much as here.
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visit my month board, but it's not very active yet.  I assume as we all get closer to our day it will become busier.  I post a bit on things, but I am sure I will post more when it becomes more active.
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My month board is very active, so I spend a lot of time here.  When I first got engaged, this board was super active so I spent most of my time here, but it seems to have dropped off a bit, so I just do a few driveby's during the day to see what is going on :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My month board is pretty active, 5-10 new posts a day. But then we are only 5 months or less from our wedding day. I'd say it was pretty slow going until the 1 year mark hit, then from 9 months out, until now, it's picking up a lot. Nice bunch of ladies there, and I find it kind of nice to see what they are doing in other locales.
  • edited December 2011
    I peruse my month board and comment here and there.  I would rather hear and see what you local gals are up to.. I just go there for some occasional October inspiration.   Other than that...its all about Detroit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards