Texas-Houston

The Gallery v. The Houstonian

I'm trying to decide which venue to use as my reception site. I really like both, yet they have completely different feels to them. Has anyone been to a wedding at either location, or both? Any pros/cons about either of them I should be aware of? Thanks! 

Re: The Gallery v. The Houstonian

• My sister got married at The Gallery a few years ago and it was beautiful. The only thing is that it really is self service. They don't provide anything but the chairs and tables so you have to work harder to find great vendors. It really was gorgeous though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I have been a maid at both locations. The Gallery is great in regards to having a wedding that feels intimate. The dancing was out of control and it was a very fun wedding. She did stations for food, and I would recommend that. The Pro: you get to pick what you want and how you want it. The Con: it is not turn-key. The experience was great as a guest. 

The Houstonian is a great wedding venue. My friend had her ceremony in one of the upstairs rooms, we got ready there and then the reception in the middle-sized ballroom. Food was great (crab cake and steak) and the wedding was a classic soiree. The exit out was a bit awkward, as they were just going up the elevator to their room and there was another wedding there at the same time (although, the only reason why I knew that is because i was invited to that same wedding). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards