California-Los Angeles

The Dress

So, how far in advance did you decide on your dress? Where did you go? My wedding is July 21, and I haven't even shopped yet. I was hoping to lose some weight first, but I think that I have to go for it. 

Re: The Dress

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    You should definitely be shopping now and placing your order soon so you avoid rush fees.  If you plan on losing weight then look for dresses with a corset back.  This way you can still lose a little bit of weight and it won't dramatically affect your dress.

ETA: I purchased my dress in Florida through a website (jaysbridal).  A lot of ladies here like Pebbles in Woodland Hills.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks for the advice on the corset back.  I'm trying to lose more than a little bit of weight though... like 25-40 pounds...  But that is a GREAT suggestion and I am excited about getting out there and seeing what looks good on me :) 
  • I just went to Camarillo Bridal, and the sign when I walked in said " If your wedding is Aug 1st, or sooner, you will need a rush order" So I would go shopping.. tomorrow ;-) I am planning on loosing a good amount of weight as well, but I am going to buy the size I am now, and then I will get it altered to fit what my body will be like then. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have you tried Nordstroms? They hav a great and affordable selection. They have a wonderful return policy and they do alterations. It's a little "off-the-rack" for some ppl but i HATED all those wedding dress shops who really push you to "say yes to the dress".
    I went to the Topanga Nordstroms. Rachel is lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards