Illinois-Chicago

Supposed to tip for engagement photos?

So I just had my engagement photo session this morning and on our way there I had the horrifying question of whether or not I am supposed to tip after we were done. This is the same photographer I will be using for my wedding and I am planning on tipping then. I don't know if tipping after each event I use her for is what is supposed to happen. The engagement session came with our package if that helps anyone to answer my question.
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Supposed to tip for engagement photos?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't tip our photographer after the engagement photos but partly because it didn't cross my mind.  Who is your photographer?
  • anglgrl718anglgrl718 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Her name is C.C. from Payton's Photography, she's my friend's Aunt. She is wonderful and truely talented! It is her company so i'm not exactly sure how tipping works. Do I tip at the final product (the wedding) or for both the wedding and the engagement session? It would be very easy for me to get some money to her if I was supposed to tip for that too, I just don't know what is expected.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary to tip twice- I would wait for the final photography bill and tip for the whole package.

Just curious, where did you do your e-photos? I have an appt scheduled but I have no clue what I'm doing. Any ideas would be appreciated! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • anglgrl718anglgrl718 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a park in Oswego called Hudson Crossing Park. It was really nice and quiet. There are a lot of trees and will probably be really pretty in a few weeks when the leaves start to change (we couldn't wait since my fiance is going on a business trip to Australia then). I would ask your photographer about pretty places to go. Mine had many ideas but since we were bringing our dog along we were limited to places that allow animals. My photographer said one of her favorite places to photograph at is Cantigny in Winfield. 

Thank you for the advice, I think tipping at the end is a better idea!
    CafeMom Tickers
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would tip after you get the final product. If you want to do something small, like a Starbucks gift card or something, then you could do that right after the wedding. But wait until after you get your pics to give your photographer and videographer the real tips.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using a student photographer for my engagment photos and tipping never crossed my mind until I read this. Now I don't know what to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards