New Jersey - South

Small ceremony

So my Fiance are getting married August 24th 2013 in Cape May. Has anyone had a small ceramony with a smal dinner after? We don't really want a reception. We plan on getting married on the beach then head to dinner after. We are on a tight budget since we are buying a house early next year and I am back in school. Thanks in advance.

Re: Small ceremony

• That sounds lovely!  All you need to do as hosts of your wedding is to thank your guests for attending your ceremony.  It can be with cake and punch, a simple dinner, or the big reception that has become the norm.  With you planning for August, my only suggestion would be to have reservations for your dinner!

Good luck with your planning!
  • Oh I absolutely love this idea!!  You could definetely do this! The other option is to do a cocktail reception at a restuarant which is low key.  I have recently been a wedding like this and had so much fun!  We were placed in a restaurant's room in the back and enjoyed gret food.  
  • Thanks everyone. We are only inviting a few close friends and some family. We are older(30's) and would rather put the money towards decorating the house. I was looking at Avalon Links at the courthouse. does anyone have experience with them? or the Lobster House?
  • I know that the Lobster House does not take reservations, especially in the summer.  With your large party, I'd be surprised if you could get a table under an hour!  I'm not that familiar with Avalon Links.

I've had dinner at the Windrift in Avalon and it was delicious!  They should take reservations as well.  The Windrift is located right on the beach, so if you change your ceremony location from Cape May to Avalon/Stone Harbor, you could still have everything done close by to each other.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards