Wedding Reception Forum

Center Piece Ideas? What goes with kerosene oil lamps?

Hello, FI and I are having a vintage-romantic theme wedding but I'm stumped on centerpiece ideas.

Here's my dilemma, we have eight five foot tables and on four of them I'm having kerosene oil lamps as the main center piece. They will be on old stained wood platforms surrounded by small frosted mason jars that will have tea lights in them. A bit like this:

I'd really like to switch things up with the other four tables but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Our restrictions are: flames have to be concealed, nothing hanging from ceiling, and limited flowers.

I really like the glow but can't think of anything else to match it. Should I just do the same on all the tables? Ideas?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Center Piece Ideas? What goes with kerosene oil lamps?

• How about piling a few vintage books (for the romantic in you, I suggest anything by Jane Austen, the sisters Bronte, or Shakespeare) and place the kerosene lamps on top of them? It gives it some height! If you have limited space for flowers, a few buds in an old wine bottle would look pretty, or maybe a huge bunch of baby's breath only in a vintage milk bottle or water pitcher? Just tossing some ideas! And I've seen modern vintage weddings where the seating cards are attached to pretty keys (the ornate kind -- some even double as bottle openers!) and that is nice!
    If all else fails, I don't think it's a big deal to do the same decor you mentioned on all of the tables! It will look really pretty. Congrats and enjoy your day!
  • I love the book idea as well. Also I would check out some flea markets for random and interesting finds, like old wooden boxes or flat brass candle holders.
    If your wedding is in the summer, maybe you can add small wild flowers to the tables in small milk bottles (can be baught online from many stores that sell wedding favour items).

I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding!
  • I am also having a vintage/romantic style of wedding. My centerpieces are a 4 branch candelabra with flowers. My florist is building the flowers onto them, a piece encircling the center, and a platform surrounded by flowers to raise it up. 

You could do 4 candelabrum and 4 kerosene lanterns. Add in a few books at different tables, little mismatched glass vases with minimal flowers (e.g. rose buds, wild flowers, daisies, etc.) maybe some old family photographs in little ornate frames.

A cluster of small items create unique centerpieces. Just have fun with it.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards