Iowa-Des Moines
Options

DJ in central Iowa

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for ideas about who to hire as a DJ for my wedding next summer. I have been to quite a few weddings and haven't really heard a great DJ. I'm not really into oldies and slower songs, but not into any vulgar songs either. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good upbeat fun DJ that would be near Marshalltown or Ames?

Thanks so much,
Lindsay

Re: DJ in central Iowa

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI's friend is a Dj and he is doing our wedding. His name is Derek Zerr he is in the ames area. If you want to contact him you can e-mail him: antoine_joe_bear@live.com or  call him at 515-451-8271.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ultimate Entertainment.  They have an online database where you can request music for your wedding and then they use your recommendations to pick songs like those.  It's nice because it gives you a little more control over what plays at your wedding.  (My fiance's kind of a control freak when it comes to music). We're very happy with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using TyTunes - owner's name is Tyler Mortvedt. He's young and just getting into weddings, but trust me... he does NOT act his age! He is very professional, as all the equipment, and the best part is - he's the most affordable DJ ($400 for 6 hours) we found that didn't include my future bro-in-law and his iPod!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey if you are looking for a great dj at a reasonable price, my company is named DnA Music Entertainment we first started djing 5 years ago simple for the reason DJ's charge too much.  Also most of the time when you pay less you may be getting a good price but a poor dj.  We are proud to have many references that would gladly vouch for us as to what a great job we have done getting the crowd on the dance floor.  We have played every kind of music from buddy holly, etta james, to every country song imaginable, also we specialize in hip hop dance hits.  Give me a shout to get a quote right away just let me know how much service you would need....how many hours, and where the reception is at.

Thanks hope to hear from you
    Derek(DnA Music Entertainment) 

antoine_joe_bear@live.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards