New York-Hudson Valley

Hair and Makeup in Lower Westchester County??

Hey Ladies,

I just set a date for next April and am getting all the major stuff done (venue, dj, photog, etc) This is now leaving me time to think about all my beauty stuff! I was wondering how soon in advance you gals book for hair/makeup and if anyone could give me some great recommendations in Lower Westchester County (or anywhere in Westchester or nearby where the staff can come to you that day)?? Thanks in advance!

Kristen

Re: Hair and Makeup in Lower Westchester County??

• I would do it as soon as you can! I also needed beauty vendors to travel to my venue, so I picked Melissa Scrofani for hair, and JK Flashy Makeup Services for makeup. Melissa is amazing and on my trial, we booked her and we have since seen her another time for my mom's hair trial. She is patient, kind and so sweet and gets really excited about your wedding with you. Jill is the owner of JK Flashy, and she is so hugely talented and gives you a free makeup trial so really, you're not losing anything by doing that. There are also really good things I hear about Meredith Hayman for makeup, and I think Melissa knows her. I had already booked JK Flashy but I hear Meredith is great too! GOOD LUCK!
    Anniversary
  • I am  using Color Makeup Studio for makeup and Salon 877 for hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies, I will look into it! I had heard of the names but really wanted a personal recommendation! I appreciate it! Are any of you doing airbrushing? I've actually never had my makeup done professionally and am interested in the airbrushing, but don't know how it comes out.
  • I am having airbrushing...It feels really light on your face, I dont know what time of year you are getting married but its nice for me because *hopefully* it is going to be a hot summer day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I go to Salon 877 throughout the year to color my hair and get the Keratin straightening, and everyone in there is amazing so I don't think you can go wrong with them! They were too expensive for me to have them leave the salon on a Saturday so I didn't go with them, but I enjoy every experience I have had there so far!
    Anniversary
  • I also used christine from color makeup.  She made my bridal party and I look amazing!!! Everyone was so thrilled.
    www.colormakeupstudio.com
  • Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    N.Y. Prostyle is awesome for both hair and airbrush make-up, and their location is in lower Westchester, but they can also travel to the bride's location for the day of.  Plenty of raves on WeddingWire.com if you want reviews - and the owner, Rosemarie, has been named "Best of Westchester" multiple times.  Good luck!

http://nyprostyle.com/
  • Thanks Ladies! Being my wedding is next April, should I be getting the trials done and booking now? Or do I have a few months!

• You probably have time! From what I know of my vendors, they are just starting to book 2013 weddings now. I went for my makeup trial 8 months before and the owner was already booked for my day so I have to have one of her girls come instead. But if you don't know what you want or the dress or anything, then maybe it's not worth it.
    Anniversary
  • I used Meridith Hayman for make up about 2 years ago when I got married.  She also did my SIL's wedding too where I got to have her do my make up agian.  She is amazing!  She of course does great work, but so much more than that.  I loved her personality, she always made me feel like I could speak freely and tell her to change everything if I wanted her too.  She is fun, nice, she comes to you and to top it all off I thought her prices were great.  This is her site.   http://www.meredithhayman.com/
    BFP 8/03/12 EDD 4/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hair-and-makeup-in-lower-westchester-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:21f76be0-2f5f-4078-aff3-e1abce6986faPost:d493b2a6-aed6-4b81-aed1-93c35fd68e06">Re: Hair and Makeup in Lower Westchester County??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Meridith Hayman for make up about 2 years ago when I got married.  She also did my SIL's wedding too where I got to have her do my make up agian.  She is amazing!  She of course does great work, but so much more than that.  I loved her personality, she always made me feel like I could speak freely and tell her to change everything if I wanted her too.  She is fun, nice, she comes to you and to top it all off I thought her prices were great.  This is her site.   <a href="http://www.meredithhayman.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.meredithhayman.com/</a>
    Posted by HarleyQuinn7161[/QUOTE]

Harley for some reason i thought her prices would be up there, but now that you said that I will definitely check her out too! Thank you!
  • cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    use Salon Posh for hair!!! Ask for Diane.  She is awesome and so is her team.  they come to where you are located.  For make up use JK Flashy- awesome.  you don't have to worry at all about how you will look with either of them, you will look amazing.
  • I LOVED Christine from color makeup. You can't find anyone better, and she is really reasonably priced! Good luck
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hair-and-makeup-in-lower-westchester-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:21f76be0-2f5f-4078-aff3-e1abce6986faPost:671368e3-2dee-4ce1-bc73-71177e2c02a5">Re: Hair and Makeup in Lower Westchester County??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do it as soon as you can! I also needed beauty vendors to travel to my venue, so I picked Melissa Scrofani for hair, and JK Flashy Makeup Services for makeup. Melissa is amazing and on my trial, we booked her and we have since seen her another time for my mom's hair trial. She is patient, kind and so sweet and gets really excited about your wedding with you. Jill is the owner of JK Flashy, and she is so hugely talented and gives you a free makeup trial so really, you're not losing anything by doing that. There are also really good things I hear about Meredith Hayman for makeup, and I think Melissa knows her. I had already booked JK Flashy but I hear Meredith is great too! GOOD LUCK!
    Posted by julyxoxo[/QUOTE]

I am also using Melissa Scrofani for my hair and JK Flashy for my makeup. I am really excited, I hear they are great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards