Kentucky-Louisville

Price for Officiant

I have a meeting set up with an officiant next week.  I'm worried that he is going to give me a price quote and it's going to surprise me!  What is the average price/donation to hire an officiant?  I just hope to have a general idea so I'm not blown out of the water next week at our meeting.

Re: Price for Officiant

• edited December 2011
    I think mine was $250 or something close to that. I hope that helps!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually just talking to FI about this a few minutes ago. I've seen a couple online quotes for $200-500 depending on the day of the week.

My stance was that it seemed really expensive for our short ceremony, but FI reasoned that in the grand scheme of things, it was worth an extra $100-200 to get someone who was good. Especially when my aunt wants to pay $250 for personalized m&ms :)
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bob Mueller (bobmueller@insightbb.com) for $250.  He used to be a Catholic priest, but left the "hood" to get married.  We met with him a number of times before our wedding (probably 3).  He was so friendly, punctual, and made the experience very personal.  Neither H or myself are highly religious, but we are Catholic and it was important to us to have a semi-religious ceremony without having to do all of the classes.  I would recommend him highly and if he's still doing weddings when my sisters get married he'll definitely do it!
  • edited December 2011
    Bob Mueller is actually the person I am meeting with!  I checked out his website and liked the idea that he used to be a Catholic priest.  My fiance is not Catholic, but I was raised in the Catholic church.  My grandparents are actually refusing to attend my wedding since we are not getting married in a Catholic church.  While I definitely do not think this would make them want to come; I'm hoping that by using a former Catholic priest, my grandparents will be somewhat more open to my marriage.  I'm glad to hear he doesn't charge too much.  I read somewhere on here that someone was paying $650 for an officiant!  That totally surprised me and really got me worried about our meeting next week.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to love Bob!  Tell him Meredith and Zach (12/18/10) say "hello!"
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Bob as well! He's great!! I see him sometimes at work if he has a Friday night rehearsal since we have a lot of weddings at the museum. He has a lot of great ideas for the wedding ceremony!
  • jennadam77jennadam77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used David Huddleston and he just made our wedding day perfect!  His price was $250 and he could not have been more helpful.  Highly recommended....
  • edited December 2011
    Hope this helps.  We were so happy with David Huddleston who charged $250 because he helped us with our vows and planning the ceremony and everything.  He really was easy to work with and we can recommend him without reservation!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't know if you are looking for a priest or not.  But, if you're not, David Huddleston is a protestant wedding officiant whom we used and were very pleased with.  His fee was $250 and we thought that was very reasonable.  I think he has been named The Knot Best of Weddings 2011 or something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    My pastor is 125, marriage counseling required, but I thought 125 was very reasonable.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the church because we are members the cost is $650.0 for the space and the officiant is included, along with a coordinator, but you have to be a member of the church for 10 months we have been members for 2 years
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards