Catholic Weddings

Hello!

How's everyone doing?  Fill us in on what's going on in your life!

There's nothing new and exciting going on with me.  H is getting ready for his LSAT in Feb, so that's exciting.  I hope he does very well, and gets into the school of his choice.  It'll be hard once he's back in school, though.  I'm used to spending so much time with him, and I know that'll change once he's in school.  However, I'm very excited for him since this is something he's always wanted to do. 

Re: Hello!

• @Resa, best wishes to your husband on the LSAT!!  I hate tests... and having one's spouse in school, too!  It's not too bad as long as you both intentionally set aside evenings for quality time and continue to share household responsibilities.  

I'm enjoying all the snow we just got this weekend... other than driving in it!  I managed to get around fine yesterday driving all over town during the storm since I was co-hosting a baby shower about 30 miles away... only to get stuck trying to pull into an un-shoveled parking spot when I got home to my apartment in the evening.  Amazingly, we only had about 5 out of 25 guests that didn't make it to the shower due to the storm!  Crazy Minnesotans...
  • My baby girl is 5 months old today. Seems like crazy-town. We're making plans for summer, and I keep having to reference having a 1-year-old and thinking/conjecturing about how that will affect things. Eep! She is developing such a sweet (if headstrong) personality. She is also very curious and really, really wants to be mobile (which is a mixed blessing!). I don't want to wish away the time I have with her now, but sometimes, I wish I could get a peek into the future to see what she'll be like at 2 or 5 or 12 or whatever. Being a mother really, truly is an amazing gift. I'll stop, because I could probably ramble on forever.

Resa, I hope your hubby does well on the LSAT. Knowing that your hubby is living his dreams will make the long, busy days so much easier for you. File that away to reassure him on the days when he feels stressed or overwhelmed. I know H has days where he hates the long road he chose, but I remind him that any other path would have left him with a what if. Instead, he's working hard to do what he's always wanted. What a blessing!

Apparently, a bad night's sleep has left me unusually sappy this morning. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2012
    Good Luck to your Husband! Hope you settle into a nice routine when he goes back to school. I know it's hard when youre used to being together all of the time.

I'm just settling into married life now. :)

Hubby and I got our Christmas tree yesterday. It's a real tree, ith a woodland theme. Birds, animals, pinecones, etc. I think it looks pretty. 

I got a short video of our wedding from our photographer. It sums up the day in under 2.5 minutes. I LOVE it. I teared up the first time I watched it. The video feels like a movie trailer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_hello-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:8e781eb7-bd90-454a-be02-da8571fa55c8Post:57d11869-c885-4015-a4aa-95fe4eb4ddce">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Luck to your Husband! Hope you settle into a nice routine when he goes back to school. I know it's hard when youre used to being together all of the time. I'm just settling into married life now. :) Hubby and I got our Christmas tree yesterday. It's a real tree, ith a woodland theme. Birds, animals, pinecones, etc. I think it looks pretty.  I got a short video of our wedding from our photographer. It sums up the day in under 2.5 minutes. I LOVE it. I teared up the first time I watched it. The video feels like a movie trailer.  Feel free to take a look:  <a href="http://idaliaphotography.com/?splash=1#/videography" rel="nofollow">http://idaliaphotography.com/?splash=1#/videography</a>
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

<div>BEAUTIFUL video!!!  Definitely a movie trailer :)  Congrats!!!</div>
  • i took the LSAT twice.  i dont wish that upon anyone!  oh, i hope he does well Resa.  i hated the "games" part of the test. 

ive lost about 3 pounds in 10 days.  woo hoo! 

• Woohoo for the weight loss!  And thanks, everyone, for the encouragement :)

• Well...this thread died faster than it started.  Do I need to stir up drama?  Should I start saying Novus Ordo is inherently less reverent than Latin Mass?  Maybe start up with some "Creighton is superior to all other forms of NFP"?  What'll it take to make you ladies talk? Tongue Out

• Good luck to your hubby, Resa!

I am worn out today.  I've got to make a quiz and get started on my final exam review and then the rest of this week should be pretty smooth (I hope).

Christina, beautiful video!  I love it!
    Anniversary

• Love the video, Christina!  Your dress is gorgeous!

Went to a gyno for the first time today... she's a new NFP-only doctor in town (the only one) and she's Napro trained.  She was really great--a warm and friendly doctor.

She recommended me to a Creighton instructor, so I might learn the Creighton method. 

Aaaaannd tonight is my interview.  One invasive exam after another  :/

J/k.  I am really excited for it though.  Just nervous.

Finally it feels like winter outside.  It's been 75 degrees for weeks, but it finally went down to the 50s-60s.

SaveSave
  • Monkey, I'm glad your appt went well.  I hope your interview goes super well!!!  You'll have to update us, since I'm sure I'm not the only one getting anxious/excited for you.

• Today was my first day back to work after vacation.  I went to Mexico for a DW of one of my bridesmaids.  I had never been to Mexico and I had a blast. 
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Sounds like fun, Ciarda!  I could use a vacation to Mexico about now.

My interview went well.  It was four separate interviews with four different people.  The first two went pretty well, but maybe not exceptional.  The third interview was awesome... the lady and I were on the same wavelength the entire time and could've talked forever.  The last interview was okay, but I felt a little unprepared for some of her questions.

I don't find out until AFTER CHRISTMAS.

And they're only hiring 4-5 teachers TOTAL for all the departments... so I have a very small shot.  But I also felt like this was my perfect job... like where I was just meant to be.

But it's in God's hands now.  I'm going to try not to worry about it.

SaveSave
  • I'm glad it went well, Monkey!  I hope you get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards