Rhode Island

Videography Pricing/D. Bettencourt

Could anyone share what they have or plan to pay for videography at their wedding.   I'm just not sure what is the appropriate or standard amount for the service- $1000 - $1500 or more?? Any insigt you girls can share would be great.

Also, David Bettencourt seems to be extremely popular on this board.  Can any bride who has or plans to use him share what his fees are??

TIA

Re: Videography Pricing/D. Bettencourt

• edited December 2011
    I am using Memories RI for my video and photo, but they are $1200 for a videographer, all day coverage along with a montage DVD and a ceremony DVD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're using SureShot Videography.  We're getting 6 hours with bride prep and two edited DVDs or BluRays for $900.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Were also using SureShot. We werent going to do videography at all but then realized I would regret it. I was afraid we werent going to be able to find quality for a decent price but we really got a good deal. SureShot sometimes has a deal running where you can get there $1,200 package for $900 which is what we did. We got bride/groom prep, 6 hours, a highlight video, and two edited dvd's. They also shoot in HD so in my opinion, its a great deal.

I love David Bettencourts work but he was out of our budget since we spent it on photo. I think his package is $2,000.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose at the last minute to get a videographer and was sooo happy I did.  I went with Mary Lou Browning and she was under a $1000 and it was the best $$$ I spent.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    Dave quoted me at a minimum of $1800 up to $2500.
    This was too much for me since Video wasn't on the top of my must have list. I actually met a nice guy at a wedding show from Hut productions and his work is under $1000.0
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $2K for all day coverage for D. Bettencourt. At first we werent sure if we would do video, but we fell in love with his work. So we figured we would fork over a little more. Memories RI videos that I have seen are good.  They are our photographer and started offering video packages few months after we put a deposit already on the video.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and the above $2k is if you wanted to add Super 8M film or black and white footage shots.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jane*PJane*P member
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't already booked a photographer, check pricing for one who includes videography package. We used Armor & Martel and were extremely pleased. Good luck!
  • Motes414Motes414 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the feedback ladies! I will be sure to check out the other options you mentioned.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday : )
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $1300 for our video (6 hrs coverage plus HD and  3 dvds) but I was just okay with the final product. Luckily the outtakes of our wedding were included because that was my favorite part. The trailer was also cute but I would have paid more for better quality. David was booked on our day but he was definitely my first choice and I would have booked him in a heart beat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards