Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Program question

Hey everyone, I need your help.  I am a MOH and helping my BF plan her wedding and put everything together.  It is a DIY wedding and her wedding date is in 30 days. 

My question is this -- the bride's parents live out of state and unfortunately are not able to attend the wedding.  The groom's parents will be listed on the program, but we are trying to determine if we should / should not include the bride's parents as well or not. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Program question

• I went to a wedding recently where the programs had lots of questions and answers. It was an interfaith, intercultural wedding in a not-religious-area, so I imagine guests had lots of questions. One of the questions was something like, "Who could not make it that we wish were here?" Then they named friends and family who just couldn't travel, as well as deceased loved ones. I thought it was a nice way to cover both categories.
  • I would definitely include the bride's parents, even if they can't attend.  Not including them would make it seem like they're deceased or the bride cut off contact with them. I would do the typical list and not make any mention of them not being able to make it.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:0ef859e8-64db-40c1-b3b1-18ca1b6ff9d6Post:f6a5f132-f280-47f9-8820-83862acc4432">Re: Program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding recently where the programs had lots of questions and answers. It was an interfaith, intercultural wedding in a not-religious-area, so I imagine guests had lots of questions. One of the questions was something like, "Who could not make it that we wish were here?" Then they named friends and family who just couldn't travel, as well as deceased loved ones. I thought it was a nice way to cover both categories.
    Posted by ElisabethJoanne[/QUOTE]
    I think this is a lovely idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards