Hawaii

dress regret?

Hi girlies!!

It's been a long time since I've posted or even lurked!!  Hope everyone is doing well :)

I was wondering if any of you have had dress regret????

I fell in love with a dress in 2005-2006.  It was the last dress I tried on during my first bridal appointment in 2010, and I was breathless!!!  I had the crying, jumping up and down, THIS IS THE ONE!!!!! Moment.  I was able to purchase the dress in March 2011 (the designer still makes it!) before I had to move across the country (I worried that my new home state wouldn't have the dress).  I wondered if it was too early, but I felt like my gut told me that IT WAS THE ONE.  Problem is that my wedding is not until this FALL... and now I feel like I don't love the dress any more and I feel somewhat panicky that since my wedding is 5 months away, this may be my LAST CHANCE to get a different dress... if I should so choose.

Anyone else feel this way??? :(:(:(:(:(

Re: dress regret?

• Yes! I totally felt this way! Bought my dress 3 years ago flew to another state just to buy it and had major second thoughts a few months ago. Even posted it for sale online and had a bride ready to buy it, and at that point I realized I wasn't ready to give it up. I went to every bridal shop in town and pretty much described my exact dress as to what I was looking for, but nothing compared. I then figured out what was bugging me about my dress was the lack of shape, so I went out and tried it on with a petticoat, and what a difference! I then started building around the dress with unique jewelry, awesome shoes, colorful petticoat, etc. At that point I realized its about a whole 'look', not just the dress by itself. I'm now so thankful I kept it and didn't let it go. If I were you, I'd try to build on it with accessories or alter it slightly to make it one of a kind. Good luck!
  • I would forget about it for now. You bought it, it's yours. I had a major freak out DAYS before we left for our wedding about how I hated my dress. Guess what? It was just crazy! The dress was perfect on me and I loved it for a reason! The same will go for you, I promise. Just stop looking :)
  • I agree with Brea. Stop looking. You made a choice and it will be fine. We all have our freak out moments and I am sure if you loved your dress when you bought it, it is probably the best dress for you. 
  • edited March 2012
    Agreed. Don't look, it'll stress you out. I had major doubts about my dress and even as I lost weight I felt like i looked fat in it- turns out it just needed to be altered so it would hug my body better. I fell right back in love with it! Oh and I never had the crying, jumping up and down moment but I still think my dress was perfect for me.
  • Agreed.  Stop looking.  If you loved it that much when you bought it, I'm sure you'll still love it on your wedding day!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have you tried the dress on lately? I felt like that when waiting for my dress to arrive after ordering it.  Once I tried it on, that all went away and I feel in love with my dress all over, again.
  • edited April 2012
    So glad I read this!!!! I have been exactly the same way lately- I have been looking at other dresses but cant really find another I like more. I guess I am just at the "crazy bride" point. lol Thank you all for confirming! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards