New York-New York City

Where can we take downtown pictures?

Our ceremony is in the lower east side, all our guests & parents are staying in the financial district.  We went to battery park recently and it's just not green enough to make great pic's.  Where can we take pic's towntown that's outside & green??

Thanks for any advice!!

Re: Where can we take downtown pictures?

• edited December 2011
    I work downtown...I don't know many areas that are green anymore. How about the seaport for some views by the water?

Me-Diagnosed With PCOS - Hubby-Has Super Swimmers :)
    TTC#1 Since March 2011
    March/April 2011 - 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    May 2011 & June 2011 - 150mg Clomid = No Response
    July 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#1(8/1/11)= BFN
    August 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#2 (8/30/11)=BFN
    September 2011 - BREAK NEEDED DUE TO ENLARGED OVARIES :(
    October 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#3 (10/23/11) = BFP!!
    Beta#1(11/7/11)=250 Beta#2(11/9/11)=487 Beta#3(11/17/11)=6500

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to add that. Its not green but i have a few friends that took lots of pictures on the boardwalk by the Seaport and they came out awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • edited December 2011
    There plenty of spots here and there to take pics at Battery Park - not sure where exactly you went.  Now granted, there's not so much to have a ton of variety, so I'd suggest taking a few because there are nice views of NJ that you can get as the back drop of your pictures.

Then I'd head across the water to Brooklyn and take photos at Fulton's Landing and the free side of Brooklyn Bridge Park (where you won't need a permit, near the Manhattan Bridge).  Or head uptown and take a handful at Union Sq - my preference would be Bklyn.

GL.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't know if it's too far, but the Highline Park by the water could be nice. Go early morning to avoid crowds though.
  • edited December 2011
    Green you will find Battery Park, There is a beautiful public park there that is all green and it's by the water so you would have a backround of Jersey City, Statue of Liberty etc. In the park there are also places that are bit unique, tiny watefalls and so on.. If you look, you will find
    Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards