Florida-Central Florida

***murphanzo***

hi!! i saw you wanted to get the board hoppin'. tell us about yourself!

Re: ***murphanzo***

• edited December 2011
    Hi!!!!  I do want to get this board going!  Tell your friends to get engaged!!  (I crack me up!)  

Lets see..... I'm 26, living in Davenport.  FI is a CSI, like the show, (minus the epithereals, cool toys, and ability to "enhance" any photo.)  We're doing our engagement photos June 11th, YEAH!   And my mother has been reading entirely too many Martha Stewart Wedding magazines.

I think after the summer holidays pass, maybe late July we should plan a GTG somewhere downtown, Latitudes, or 310 Lakeside.  I really want to get every experience out of this wedding process as possible.

Tell us about yourself!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome! tell me about your wedding! what vendors have you picked out?

i'm 28...i live in Lake Mary, Fl. We got married 2 years ago and are expecting a baby in September. (Actually, this is my first time discussing that on this board lol!)

thanks for the quick response!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS!!  judging from your signature picture it's going to be a pretty baby

I'm getting married at Tuscawilla country club in winter springs.  They're taking care of the dance floor, linens, food, and bar, I'm probably going to go with Jonathan's Flowers in Winter Park, that's pretty much all I have planned.  I'm originally from Tampa, FI is from St. Pete.  The Italian bakery I grew up with is trying to charge me a $240 delivery fee for our wedding cake, so that's pretty sad.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU!

I've been to two weddings there. It's very pretty. :)

Jonathan's Flowers is tricky...they are very affordable but are also very inconsistent.  I used them and my flowers were pretty but I know brides who had a different experience. Have you looked into Lee Forrest?

That cake delivery fee sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.
  • edited December 2011
    someone had mentioned a lady that does very good work out of her home, but I can't remember who she is. 

Oh, we have 3 weddings going on at my work this weekend and I was talking to one of the coordinators for this HUGE indian wedding, like they have 300-400 people and I was talking to their head coordinator about her packages she offers and she said "we're very expensive, I can suggest a few that would probably be better in your price range."  I really wanted to smack her.

As far as not being able to have my #1 choice bakery, my mom made a good suggestion, I'll have them cater my bridal shower, that way I can get all my yummy Italian food and desserts.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, i also would have wanted to smack that lady! how rude!
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Lee Forrest, my wedding planner suggested him. I had a great meeting with him and so far he seems fantastic!  Very easy going...and my wedding planner hasn't steered me wrong yet. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_murphanzo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:2d4eb6da-7568-419e-ab89-c7f26f6c489aPost:9ec4b34e-88fd-4b23-ad8a-af6c8e2a4536">Re: ***murphanzo***</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going with Lee Forrest, my wedding planner suggested him. I had a great meeting with him and so far he seems fantastic!  Very easy going...and my wedding planner hasn't steered me wrong yet. 
    Posted by melissiag[/QUOTE]

awesome! he is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards