Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Is this cute or tacky?

FI is a huge Batman fan. Not the intense, collector type but he's definitely known among his family and friends as really liking the guy. Our wedding is pretty formal so there hasn't really been any way to incorporate anything batman-related, but I was thinking of surprsing him with having a batman garter for the toss. I know, the garter toss is bit tacky in itself, but do you think this would bring it to a new level of tacky or do you think it's a cute gesture that he'd appreciate?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this cute or tacky?

• edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one - And I think it's cute. I looove personal details in weddings that really show off the couples quirks. I agree that the garter toss is kind of tacky, but what a fun way to tie in his love for Batman. I say do it - and let it be a complete surprise for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also look for batman cufflinks - FSS is getting lego ones... BM is getting jokers (the playing card)
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's adorable.  But then again.... I'm a big ol' nerd, so I'm all for other nerdy things.  I wanted to have a Mario & Princess Peach cake topper, and have all of the tables after video game characters instead of numbers, but Gzilla said it was dumb and that no one would get it.  Lame.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing a garter toss anyway, I would definitely go Batman! I think it's adorable!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea! Too cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea! I agree with PP, any way to personalize your wedding is great! If you are doing the garter toss anyway, I say go for it! 

I like the second one better too! 

nat
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not cute because he doesn't get to keep the garter, and even if he did the old tradition of hanging the garter from the rear view mirror of you car is dead. He's going to take it off, then toss it to one of his drunk friends, who is going to throw it away when he gets home.

Why not get him something of Batman for his gift. I'm sure they have all kinds of Batman related gifts.
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_this-cute-tacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:254aa6a7-9c5e-4ce3-93c5-f573977d6782Post:a0d2ecb2-07b6-4b89-9f77-a40b3853dbcb">Re: Is this cute or tacky?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not cute <strong>because he doesn't get to keep the garter</strong>, and even if he did the old tradition of hanging the garter from the rear view mirror of you car is dead. He's going to take it off, then toss it to one of his drunk friends, who is going to throw it away when he gets home. Why not get him something of Batman for his gift. I'm sure they have all kinds of Batman related gifts.
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]

I think its still cute - because he'll see it, his face will light up with "oh, look what she thought of"

but I do second getting something batman related as his gift
  • edited December 2011
    It's cute. And I like the cufflinks idea too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! I think I will do it, and even if he doesn't end up getting to keep it, it's not expensive and something I would have to buy anyway. He already bought himself batman cufflinks online so they should be here soon. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i like the cufflinks idea
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards