Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wedding Cake

This is the cake I am absolutely in love with. Our wedding colors are navy blue  with charcoal accents (more like silvers, greys, etc). Anyways, the linens and my dress as well as all tuxes have ivory shirts.
Should we keep the cake all ivory, or try to add some color into it? If so, what colors? I think it looks very elegant the way it is.. but I don't know.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Cake

• Options
    I love it the way it is, so sophisticated, but understanded.  I wouldn't change a thing!
  • Options
    Personally, I would add some color.  I'm not sure how, since I'm not very creative, but right now it looks a bit boring.  Elegant, yes, but kind of blah.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I LOVE that cake! Just my opinion, but why mess with perfection?

You don't have to carry "your colors" all the way through to everything. If you feel you want to add a bit of color, maybe have your florist make a very small arrangement of 3-6 flowers for the top of the cake if your flowers carry through the colors. Or, find some print paper with your colors and ask the bakery to use it to cover the cake platform/cardboard? Also, most bakeries have colored foils they use for cake platforms, maybe you can get navy or silver?

Our colors were black, white/cream and silver. Our cake was plain white, but I had made extra table runners and we used that on the cake table. We also had silver initials with rhinestones that I bought at Hobby Lobby during a 50% sale on wedding items.

Your cake is much grander than ours, and I think it looks fine just the way it is.

• Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I never thought of just dressing up the table as opposed to dressing up the cake! We will definitely have to look into some of those options. Ours wont be four teirs as shwon in the pictures, we are only having about 80 guests so I'm thinking three would be good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That cake is beautiful and I would leave it as it. A nice way to incorporate the navy and silver is to add a table runner and colored votives on the table. Or decorate a platform, as PP have said.
  • Options
    I think the cake is gorgeous. It's so elegant as it is. I wouldn't add a thing to the cake. Perhaps some color on the cake table to set it off... like rose petals or somethin like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards