Arizona-Tucson
Options

Where to shop for wedding dress in Tucson

Hi,

title says it all. I have never been to Tucson, but am visiting this fall with my Mom. Can anyone suggest where to shop for a dress?

Thanks

Re: Where to shop for wedding dress in Tucson

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauras Bridal on Broadway. Sandra, the owner, is AMAZING!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Vacation
  • Options
    elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at the Alfred Angelo in Tucson.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had an AWESOME experience at Alfred Angelo in Tucson (on Oracle Rd.).  The manager (Amanda, I think?) picked out a few dresses based on what I told her I was looking for.  As soon as I put on my Ariel gown, I knew it was perfect.  The alterations were expensive, but that is to be expected. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much for the suggestions. I will have to buy something off the rack and bring it back to Canada to get altered here, so if that changes anyone's advice please let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love david's bridal..... good prices and awesome dresses... ust make sure u make an appt
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    antsandjoshantsandjosh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was born and raised in Tucson and as much as I love it here, there isn't much in terms of wedding dress shops in town. I drove up to Phoenix and shopped for a purchased my dress at Brilliant Bridal in Mesa. I bought a couture gown made of 100% imported silk for $250. It was originally priced at over $2,400. Brilliant Bridal sells overstock gowns and gowns from bridal stores that have shut down (my gown had been on the rack at a boutique in Dallas). Seriously, it is worth the drive there and the salon at Brilliant Bridal is even nicer than high end shops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a couture boutique in Tucson, and there are very few, go to Gigi's bridal on Swan and Ft Lowell. The owner is incredibly helpful, and you're experience makes you think you're in Kleinfeld's. 
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like Gigi's when I went there as well.  Definitely go there is you are looking for something upscale.  I actualyl got my dress at A Tailor Tuxedo and Bridal.  The staff there has been AMAZING, they have a good selection, and from experience, you can buy off the rack.  Ask for Esther if making an appointment.

I actually bought my first dress there and after seeing a friend get married in the very same dress two months before my wedding, went back to A Tailor and picked a different dress.  The staff was awesome and we ended up working out a deal where it was an even swap of the two dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great Experience at Laura's Bridal. The owner was wonderful to work with. I ordered my dress, so I am not sure how much luck you will have needing to buy off the rack. You could also try Maya Palace at Brodway and Wilmot. I suggest working with Mary--she was very helpful. They have some unique dresses that you can buy off the rack.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kinda old but i have a rant about Lauras Bridal...I made an appointment and called the day before to confirm it. We showed up 10 minutes before our appointment and they hadn't opened yet....no big deal....until we had waited almost 45 minutes and no one showed up... We left to get coffee before going to our appointment at A Tailor and Tuxedo when the owner called and said "hi this is Lauras bridal, your appointment as 45 minutes ago? We can take you now.". No apology for being late (we own a small business and i understand things happen but fes up to it and apologize!). She actually said "well if you hurry up we can probably squeeze you in if you don't need to try on too many dresses.". Took my money elsewhere....didn't trust sormone who cant be bothered to show up to their own store or at the very least apologize for the tardiness with something like this. We actually lt my moms car there to go to the other store so we had fewer cars....we laughed outline when. Saw that the dress we bought at the other store was hanging in the window at Lauras...her loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards