Military Brides

Dress Greens but no tuxes for groomsman?

So my fiance is in BCT right now so i'm in charge of the planning. Before he left we discussed the tux situation, and we know its expensive. Some of the groomsman would have to save up a lot to have the tuxes. We are deciding if we just want to have the groomsman wear all black shirt w/ a  solid red tie? BUT my fiance is going to wear his dress greens during the wedding.. Has anyone else had their groomsman not wear tuxes but the groom wear his greens?

Re: Dress Greens but no tuxes for groomsman?

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the problem with your idea. I think it's fine if the groomsmen can't wear tuxes. Although you can find some for a good deal. For our GMs their tux rental will cost $96 for everything including shoes as well. Also, don't worry about your groom not matching the guys. He's the groom anyway, he can stand out, just as a bride does. 
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A agree with the PP.  I think they will look fine.  You can find many places where tuxes are less than $100.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's more of a problem for the groomsmen to be more formal than the groom (see the post below on the army class As and tuxedos for my answer there) than the other way around.

Your groom is the groom. He should be more dressed up than the groomsmen, or at least, as dressed up as. I think if the groomsmen wore tuxes, they'd actually be more dressed up than the groom, so what you described sounds good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JynxeyJynxey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea of the groomsmen renting their tux is a great one. But if that's not what you choose, your plan sounds perfectly fine too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards