Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Ritz Charlesor Mansion at Oak Hill in Carmel

Hi ladies!

I am recently engaged and just beginning planning...so first of all, thanks for all the help I know I'll be getting!  My fiance and I have talked about our wedding for a long time so I'm excited to actually plan it!

Has anyone been to or had their wedding at the Ritz Charles Garden Pavillion in Carmel or Mansion at Oak Hill?  After extensive online research and looking at pictures...those are my first two stops venue shopping this coming Monday!  Just wondering if anyone had any positive/negative experiences at those locations. 

Thanks again!
Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ritz Charlesor Mansion at Oak Hill in Carmel

• Options
    angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to let you know how my experience went!

Mansion at Oak Hill was AWFUL!  That girl that showed us around talked faster than lightning and basically shoved us out the door.  I was not impressed at all...and we are having a "small" wedding of 150 guests so we would only need half...which leaves you NO dance floor!  Yuck...

We then looked at the Ritz Charles and I am in LOVE!  I'm 99% sure we are going to book there.  We actually decided inside, too because the outdoor pavillion isn't air conditioned like I thought it was and it could still be very hot in September...I just went to an outdoor reception in June and was miserable the entire time because I was so hot!  My FI is going back with me tomorrow or Wednesday to see it and ask some questions and then we may be signing on!!!  I'm so excited  : )  Thanks so much for your help!!!
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

These locations were my first considerations as well.  My appointment at Rtiz Charles was first and I realized while more expensive than the Mansion, the packages really were a much better value because of all that was included (bar, cake, coordinator, etc.).  We booked our event for March 2011.  Ritz Charles was also much more appealing because we could have the ceremony and reception in a separate space and is located closely to at least 6-7 hotels.

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my appointment at Ritz Charles yesterday, and loved it!  I had no desire to get married in a church, until I went inside the chapel there, it is adorable.  The garden pavilion is beautiful and unique, but it sure was hot hot hot!  FI and I were sweating just standing in there for a few minutes. 

The girl we met with said the prices are flexible for dinner/drinks in case you don't want an open bar.  The only downside is that there isn't a great space for the ceremony inside/around the pavilion for a guestlist over 100. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mansion hill is not worth the visit, they nickle and dime you and they were rude!!
  • Options
    purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

I had my reception in the Ritz Charles Garden Pavilion last September and it was amazing!  Whether or not you go with the Garden pavilion or inside, the staff there is wonderful to work with.  Pretty much anything I wanted, they could do.  If I wanted to switch around the menu that was fine, if I wanted to switch the alcohol around in the open bar menu that was fine. I brought in cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory, they stored them and served them even though they didn't make them.  I was able to drop off stuff like the cardbox, table seating, table numbers, etc. the week before so they could set up the room.   Very easy to work with, I can't say enough about them!

GL with the rest of your wedding plans!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards