Jewish Weddings

Program content

Hey everyone!

This is the first time I've used the Jewish wedding board. I'm getting married in Denver, CO on July 3, 2011 in a Conservative Jewish ceremony.

Anyway, most of our guests don't know much about the Jewish ceremony. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on what all should be included in the program. We're having our next meeting with the Rabbi in January, but I'm just anxious to know.

Also, if we're anticipating about 150-175 people, how many kippot and benchers should we order?

Thanks!!

Re: Program content

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out our program (available in Word format at this link) for some explanations of Jewish customs that might be helpful.
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can check to see if yor hall provides benchers. Many do.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, brewerstacie, I will add you to my weekly kallah's list that I post on Fridays!

If you need program ideas, I can email you mine if you'd like when I get home.  Please PM me your email address and I will email it to you.

As far as kippot and benchers are concerned, I would order half of the number of guests expected (i.e., 150 guests=75 kippot).  I thought I ordered the exact amount of kippot needed and still had a bunch left over, so better to have some left over than not enough.

ETA:  I PMed you back; turns out my program was on my old fried computer.  It might still be on my parents' computer - I'm visiting them this Sunday and will check at that time.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably order around 75 kippot like Musicheals suggested.  If you're giving the benchers out as a favor, I'd order one per person or couple.  If you want to post an email address I can email you my conservative program.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards