Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

ice cream cake

SOOO i really love ice cream cake and i really want it as my wedding cake. is it possible to make a dairy queen or brusters ice cream cake a wedding cake? has anyone done it?
8/13/11

Re: ice cream cake

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure you can, you just won't be able to display it and you will have to make sure that there is freezer space to fit it at your venue.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, people do ice cream cakes a lot.  It's a fun/neat idea. Just make sure you can and whatnot.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a great idea, but you will not be able to display it for very long.  Also, DQ ice cream cakes are higher priced than regular bakery cakes, so be sure to factor in the extra expense to have enough for all of your guests.  To be sure it will not melt all over, you will need lots of freezer space.

I would have a ice cream cake at the rehearsal dinner, and regular type wedding cake at the reception.
    Anniversary
  • komornickckomornickc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never thought of that. We did think of the DQ cake though, in fact, we decided to do it (or dilly bars) for the rehersal dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI wants an ice cream cake so we're having one either at the rehearsal dinner or i'm going to surprise him with one as a groom's cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    like PP said, id do the ice cream cake at the RD or as a grooms cake
    but if you have your heart set on a wedding ice cream cake purchase a small one for you and your FI then bring out sheet cakes for guests...just know your ice cream cake cannot be on display for everyone to see.

price it out w/ a few different place to see if your ice cream cake is affordable or not first before getting your heart set on it even mroe
    imageAnniversary
  • hparker3hparker3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the ice cream cake would have been way cheaper, half the price. Not sure what the prices of a wedding cake are in the states, but in Ontario Canada, a 3 tier cake to serve 90 people is at least $550 or higher. I could buy an ice cream cake for a table of 8 for less than that I'm sure.
  • edited December 2011
    I would not just have an ice cream cake....some of your guests may be lactose intolerant and can eat cake but can't eat ice cream cake. I would suggest doing this for your rehearsal dinner instead of the wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards