Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor wedding, 2 tents ok?

Ok, I originally posted on the reception board, thought this would be better. Thanks!

We are having an outdoor ceremony and then a tented cocktail hour, reception and dance.

We rented the biggest tent available and are now concerned that it will not fit all of our guests. So we were thinking of getting a second, smaller tent (40x40) for the cocktail hour and the dance.

We would have the two tents next to each other and have it set up so traffic flows easily from the cocktail hour to the dinner back to the dance. I only want dinner in the big tent, after speeches we will send everyone over to the dance area for drinks, dancing and dessert. 

We are having a dessert table, and I know it should probably go in the dinner tent,  but I would like it in the cocktail area, because we are doing something really cute and personal with it so obviously we want people to see it. Also, we won't have a bar in the dinner tent, so having the desserts in the cocktail area would help get people over to the dance instead of sitting at dinner longer.

We will have a few tables for people to sit and eat dessert at, then a lounge area in by the dance floor and right outside the tent so people can sit outside (weather permitting).

Anyway, I hope I explained this well enough that it makes sense! Do you see any problems, snags here that I am not seeing? I am just looking for a outsiders point of view. Would it be smarter to stick with one tent and risk it working out? I don't want people to remember being crowded and uncomfortable when they think of our wedding!

Thank you ladies!

is it dessert or desert?

Re: Outdoor wedding, 2 tents ok?

• Based on your explanation, I'm sure it will be fine. Don't stress too much. If you are worried about how to fit everything under one tent, then 2 tents makes sense.

If the vendor you are renting from is flexible, you might check and see if they will allow you to cancel the second smaller tent once you get your RSVP's. You may not need it.

Good luck.

• I helped with a wedding that had a similar set-up.  They actually had 3 tents: ceremony, cocktails, and dinner.  Oh- and the bathroom trailer was put under a small adjoining tent as well!    A regular "tent city"!

It all flowed quite well, and looked amazing so don't fret- it will be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards