Hawaii

beach wedding ceremony

Do you think its too much to have about 60 guest for a waimanalo beach wedding ceremony, standing up? I mostly see about 20 guest or less on beach ceremony. so would like to know before I start booking up with vendors

Re: beach wedding ceremony

• since they are all standing that seems like alot!  I would be concerned with parking as the beach parks we saw had very limited parking

• I think that is far too large of a group to have standing on the beach.  My concerns would be:

1.  How people arrange themselves -- with 60, it's difficult to get a good view of the ceremony and you can't really control or shape where people stand.  They may block your view of the ocean, for example.

2.  Audio - without speakers, how will the entire group hear the ceremony?

3.  Duration of standing - between arriving early, the ceremony starting late, and subsequent photos, you are asking everyone to stand for quite a long time.

With 60, I would definitely consider a more conventional approach with seating options which also allow you to do a little crowd shaping.  I am, however, vehemently against standing weddigns to begin with, unless you're eloping or in a group of < 5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards