Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

XP: my mountain-lake elopement 8/28/2012

We booked this elopement package 19 days before our wedding day.  It is in Canada, but we are not Canadian - nor have we ever been here!  We just wanted to see the Canadian Rockies.  H's parents were our witnesses as my family and his sister were unable to travel (even to our state) at the time.

We had many things in place already - dress, suit, etc - so we only had to get a few things ready prior.  Plus I had been eyeing this lodge for months so I already knew about it.  The day was perfect!  I cancelled a hair appointement, because I really wanted to hike on our wedding day, so that's what we did.  I did my own hair and makeup.  We mostly got ready together, the H went and waited at the lodge, while the photographer helped me into my dress.  Then she went to get photos of H and to set up the first look and tol dme what time to come down from the room.  It was perfectly timed.  We walked in together arm and arm as it's a Swedish custom (H's side is super Scandinavian).

We got into the canoe afterwards and it was a blast.  We have this same exact canoe at home (in green) so we were pretty comfortable.  I amazed the onlookers with my canoe loading/unloading skills in a wedding gown and high heels.

Here is a link to some teaser photos - this is about half of what is to come!
http://ginadog.weebly.com/pro-teaser-photos.html

And a few faves if you don't want to click on the link!

This was the ceremony location - stunning!  No that is not an oil painting backdrop.

I cried a little when I saw my bouquet!  I only set the planner 3 photos of bouquets I liked and this was the most perfect combination of them all.

Emerald green shoes to go with Emerald Lake

The canoe was so fun.  I have the same exact canoe at home, so it was easy.

She managed to get us stand in this ice cold glacial lake!

Re: XP: my mountain-lake elopement 8/28/2012

• AMAZING pics! Congrats. . . we're actually going to Banff and Jasper on our HM in 11 days. We've never been either and looking forward to it. Congrats again. Lovely backdrop for the pics. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_xp-my-mountain-lake-elopement-8282012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:7d27998b-05ff-4eaa-a15f-e03130b1fc99Post:68cfe062-b979-4ec6-b6d2-04b5ef45af24">Re: XP: my mountain-lake elopement 8/28/2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]AMAZING pics! Congrats. . . we're actually going to Banff and Jasper on our HM in 11 days. We've never been either and looking forward to it. Congrats again. Lovely backdrop for the pics. :)
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

That is so cool you are going there!  We spent 1 night in Banff at the Tunnel Mountain Village campground, but we hiked Kootnay/Banff/Yoho/Jasper National Parks!  Have a great time!

I was a little taken back by the crowds in Banff though.  It is super touristy of course.  You do feel like you're in Europe in fact!  If you go hiking, I think it is a very American concept to "stay to the right" when walking on a trail.  It seemed like most people did not get that concept and walked two abreast down a trail or walked right at you.  After talking with some exchange students back home, it is not the norm to "stay to the right!"
  • edited September 2012
    I admit I am quite jealous!! What a perfectly beautiful background and what wonderful pictures you have! Its amazing to think all you had to do was travel north a little ways. My hubby and I want to take a week long train ride through Canada someday and he wants to go flyfishing there. Congratulations though!
  • Gina, the picture are amazing. You look gorgeous. I'm so glad you has such a perfect day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_xp-my-mountain-lake-elopement-8282012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:7d27998b-05ff-4eaa-a15f-e03130b1fc99Post:66a33ae7-6b02-45d6-9994-33776b040863">Re:XP: my mountainlake elopement 8/28/2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]I admit I am quite jealous!! What a perfectly beautiful background and what wonderful pictures you have! Its amazing to think all you had to do was travel north a little ways. My hubby and I want to take a week long train ride through Canada someday and he wants to go flyfishing there. Congratulations though!
    Posted by soontobespitzer[/QUOTE]

We drove 14 hours straight on Day 1 and made it just over the border of Canada.  About 750 miles.  So kind of a haul but it was not bad really!  Helps when all the scenery is new to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_xp-my-mountain-lake-elopement-8282012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:7d27998b-05ff-4eaa-a15f-e03130b1fc99Post:f74b322d-be1e-4987-9612-fbe954ece526">Re: XP: my mountain-lake elopement 8/28/2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: my mountain-lake elopement 8/28/2012 : That is so cool you are going there!  We spent 1 night in Banff at the Tunnel Mountain Village campground, but we hiked Kootnay/Banff/Yoho/Jasper National Parks!  Have a great time! I was a little taken back by the crowds in Banff though.  It is super touristy of course.  You do feel like you're in Europe in fact!  If you go hiking, I think it is a very American concept to "stay to the right" when walking on a trail.  It seemed like most people did not get that concept and walked two abreast down a trail or walked right at you.  After talking with some exchange students back home, it is not the norm to "stay to the right!"
    Posted by ginadog[/QUOTE]

We're staying in Banff for 3 nights and Jasper for 4. We're flying in and out of Spokane, so it's a bit of a hike to get to Banff on day 1. We also plan on trying to squeeze in Yoho and Kootnay too. FI is a little leary of the crowds at Banff. . . we're hoping by mid September it's died down a little. Congrats again!
  • I just clicked on the link.  Gina, how beautiful everything was!
  • Wow!  Congrats your pics are absolutely gorgeous!
  • Your photos are amazing! I have been to Emerald lake (I lived in Calgary for 4 years and spent a lot of time in the mountains) and your photos make an already stunning location look even better!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your pictures are absolutely wonderful. I can tell you were both so happy and so relaxed. My favorite is the one with the canoe :)
  • Gorgeous photos! Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad you enjoyed the scenery in my province. :)
  • Wow! The photos are beautiful!! Amazing location too!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WOW.Absolutely stunning. Your pictures look AMAZING. As did your wedding, and your husband!

Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • there isn't enough words... stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, inspiring, hoooooooly cow AMAZING!! :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wow, your pics just made me want to elope to Canada and just take tons of pics. I'm re-thinking my whole idea of a beach wedding, this place is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards