South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Questions for Lowndes Grove brides

Getting married at Lowndes Grove this December and looking for advice on how other LG brides have or are going to set up for their wedding. Still deciding between sit-down dinner or buffet and just wanted to hear some ideas on how other brides used the space, where they set things up, etc.

Also thinking of having ceremony there...worried it might be too cold in December though? 

Any suggestions or tips to share are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Questions for Lowndes Grove brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I just did my wedding and reception at LG in late March. We opted to do the ceremony on the lawn and a sit down dinner. Do you think seeing the photos from our event would help you?

If you don't want to see pics ... we used the full length of the patio that runs directly beside the house for dinner seating and a bar, and the smaller patio closer to the river for DJ/cocktail tables/dancing. It worked really well to have the two tents - and therefore, two "spaces" - separated for people. We also put a bar in the black and white foyer, with two cocktail tables. Prior to our dinner, we did passed apps in the house and there were a few scattered cocktail tables there too. 

And I'm not going to be any help on December weather ... but I think for a short ceremony, guests are usually ok outside as long as it's not totally freezing. :) 

Let me know if you have other questions :)
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    ChloeMBChloeMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tiff,

Thanks so much for your message. I would love to see photos of your wedding at Lowndes Grove it that's okay...
    Your website looks great. I hope you enjoyed your wedding and your honeymoon too!

Thanks again for the help - I really appreciate it!

Chloe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Chloe!

Happy to help! I'll PM you with the info for our pictures. :) I'll also include my email so you can shout with other questions :)
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    December in Charleston is chilly, but not super-cold. You will have to consider, though, that Lowndes Growe sits on the marsh and you'll get a cool water breeze, which will keep things cooler. I think whether or not you choose to do the ceremony there, outdoors, will depend on what type of dresses you choose for yourself and your attendants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards