New York

Bridal Shower/Rehearsal Dinner Recommendations

Hi Everyone!  I'm new to the board.  Good to see so many other CNY brides on here :)  Just starting to figure out my bridal shower and rehearsal dinner plans, and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations about good restaurants or other locations to use in the Greater Syracuse area.  Thanks so much!!

Re: Bridal Shower/Rehearsal Dinner Recommendations

• Hello! Are you looking for locations for both? If so, you may want to narrow it down some for better suggestions. How many people do you need to accommodate? Is there a more specific location in the Syracuse area you're looking for? Is there a specific vibe or look you want? 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for writing back!  For the shower, I think there will probably be about 50 people.  I'm looking for a slightly more formal, elegant feel.  Has anyone had experience with the Brae Loch Inn?
    We're thinking there will be about 30 people for the rehearsal dinner.  We're looking for something a little more relaxed for that.  We were considering Dinosaur BBQ or Spaghetti Warehouse, so if anyone has experience at either of those, I would love to hear about it.  We're somewhat flexible on the location, but both would probably have to be within a 20 minute radius of Syracuse.  Any other suggestions would be great, too!
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We looked into having our RD at Dinosaur BBQ. We called a year in advance and they were already booked, so if this is something you are interested in, call TODAY.  

We ended up having it at the Retreat in the village of Liverpool. Very relaxed, especially on a friday night with delicious food for a reasonable price.

Hope this helps :)
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Spaghetti Warehouse is great fro big parties! They'll block off the back room for you and you'll be allowed to set your own select menu with like 4-5 dinner entree options, a certain number of appetizers and dessert options. They bring in about 4-5 staff people to just wait on your party, it's really, really nice. The summer camp I worked for did our end of summer staff dinner there and we'd bring about 60 people and it was always an awesome time. I've never been to Brea Loch Inn, but the Red Mill Inn in Baldwinsville is really elegant and they provide really dressed up staff and have multiple banquet rooms to choose from. It's right on the Seneca Rive so it looks really nice too. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we are doing Dino for our rehearsal dinner.  We booked it almost a year in advance though.  I am very excited to have it there.  We have the entire upstairs to ourselves and prices are decent.  I am going for the more relaxed dinner for rehearsal and something different.  I'll let you know how it is in a couple of weeks :) 

image180 Invited
    image120 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image7 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 16, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much!  Our wedding will be September 2013, so we have a little bit of time, but it doesn't sound like we have much if we decide to go with Dinosaur.  Congratulations Amanda, and let me know how it goes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards