Massachusetts-Boston

French Bridals Alterations

Does anybody have any experience with the alterations at French Bridals?  I found my dress here but have heard of a couple bad experiences.  I absolutely loved the shop and the consultant that I worked with (Anne).  Just wondering if anybody else has had any experience with their alterations?

Re: French Bridals Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from French Bridals last year for my August 2010 wedding.  I have to say that at the end of the day my dress was absoultely gorgeous and fit me exactly the way I wanted.  I got so many complements on how wonderful I looked.  The experience at FB, however, was extremely stressful and one of the worst vendors I had to deal with.  When I ordered my dress I was a size larger than I expected to be at my wedding, however, Linda (the owner), convenced me that I should buy the size based on my measurements and they would be able to take it in if it was too big.  I lost about 15 pounds and when my dress came in it was too big, as I expected.  When I went for my first alteration they started pinning the hem without even looking at how the dress fit me and then 15 minutes into the pinning when I asked about taking it in I was rudely told "why didn't you say you wanted it taken in at the beginning!"  This is my first time going through all of this, she was supposed to be the expert and the dress was clearly too big just by looking at me!  Then she told me that there was no way she was going to be able to take it in based on the style of my dress.  I proceeded to pull out the inches of extra fabric around my waist and told her that if she couldn't do it I would go elsewhere.  Then she went on a rant about how wonderful she is and how she has done dresses for all of these famous people and she is the best around.  I finally got her on board with what I wanted once I basically held the dress and forced her to pin it where I wanted it taken in.  You have to be extremely vocal about what you want and don't expect her to do it without you asking.  I was very nervous for the next 4 weeks waiting for my next fitting, however, when I went back it was everything I wanted it to be.  My bustle was especially beautiful.  You definately need to tell them what you want with that store, customer service was not their expertise throughout the entire process.  If you want to see some pictures of my dress let me know and I can post them.  Good Luck and if you want any more info just let me know!!
  • edited December 2011
    than you so much for the info!  A couple of people told me that they had gotten their dresses their and loved the dress but the alterations were not so great...however, I believe your wedding is more recent so maybe they have someone new?  The dress that I bought is a corset back and I am having a zipper put in and fabric buttons added to the back so it will be quite a bit of alteration.  I would love to see pictures of your dress :)
  • edited December 2011
    The alterations themselves were very good.  I posted pictures on my profile so you should be able to see them there.  My dress already had the zipper with covered buttons down the back so you can see the look.  I think that as long as you are up front with her and not afraid to speak your mind if she isn't giving you what you want then you should be fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards