July 2012 Weddings

My Dress

Hi Girls-
  Been looking for shoes online all morning (since the shoe post the other day!) and it got me thinking that I never shared my dress with you all! 

So here it is:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3365

I love it and can't wait to wear it! :)
Anniversary

Re: My Dress

• That is gorgeous!! I love the bodice detailing on it. Congrats!! Any luck with the shoe search this morning?
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Sooooo pretty!!! I wish I had waited a bit longer and gone a bit more princessy with my dress choice. Oh well. Yours is great!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a fabulous dress!!! How's the shoe shopping going? 

I'm still not sure what kind of shoe I'm gonna wear yet! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I love the dress!!!!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • I am wearing ambrosia as well!! I LOVE this dress! I'm actually having it tailored to have a sweetheart neckline. I'm glad to know that another July bride is daring enough to wear a dress with so much fabric in July!! I haven't started looking for shoes but I am actually going with some hot pink shoes but haven't found them yet. Happy shoe hunting!
  • very pretty, love the details!
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I am looking for bright blue shoes...I found the color and height I want in Kate Spade shoes...but I am debating on whether or not I want to spend that much money...We'll see!

Stacious- When I tried on dresses, the sales girl suggested a taffeta dress since it is lighter, but then when I feel in love with Ambrosia she said "Well really with any princess ballgown you get it will be just as much fabric as this."  I know it will be warm, but I couldn't resist!

Anniversary
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Beabull and stacious- Well, I know it's not an incredibly popular idea among most but I have a ball gown dress as well and when I was trying on gowns, the store owner had me try on a hoop skirt underneath. I ended up buying it and I'm wearing it mostly for size effects, but he explained that hoop skirts are perfect for summer brides with ballgown dresses because it keeps allll the fabric away from your legs and keeps you cool while in a heavy dress. And you can feel it automatically when you try it on! I thought it would be perfect for anyone with an outdoor wedding. Anyway, you can get hoop skirts in normal, smaller sizes also if you don't like the usual large ones. It's an option you can consider. Good luck!

• Beabullmom- I was the same way with that dress. I knew it was what I wanted from the pictures and it was the first one I tried on. I tried several ones after that and knew Ambrosia was it! And like Nati05 suggested, go with the hoop skirt underneath! 

Nati05- I definitely am getting the hoop skirt. The fabric would be too hot and heavy against my legs if I didn't. When I tried on the dress, the woman had me put it on because she knew thats what I would need with a Summer wedding. Plus it makes the dress really stand out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards