Florida-North Florida

Ladies in Tallahassee: NWR

Do you ladies know of any IT job openings in Tally? FI had been searching since October and can't find anything but a few state jobs which he is not crazy about.. he has a state job right now and hates it. His job is making him miserable and I hate seeing him so depressed. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ladies in Tallahassee: NWR

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't completely rule out all state jobs. FI works in IT for the state and loves his job. It just depends on the office. All offices are going to have different environments.

Plus you can't beat state benefits!
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not all state jobs suck.  You just have to work in the right department.  The benefits are awesome too.
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats the thing... there are no IT state jobs right now outside of the State Department he is already in and he does not want to work in the same department. He has been looking and so far no luck. Plus it is hard for him to find something because his college has not yet sent him his degree... which he earned back in December.
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen a job where you actually have to show your actual degree.  He should be able to just show his transcript.

I just got my degree that I earned in December 2 weeks ago.  They normally tell you when you apply that it takes a while.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, you don't have to physically have your diploma to "have a degree."

I don't know what your FI does in terms of tech support/programmng, but there are quite a few state jobs listed under at least three different departments. There are always new jobs being posted on the state's website so check it daily. Good luck!
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help. He is hoping for a job in a smaller company than the state but that is probably what he will end up with again. Thanks anyways ladies, guess we will keep looking.
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I work for the state so I'm not much help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards