Texas-Houston

Chocolate Coin Store Houston - Grooms Cake Alternatives

Instead of doing a grooms cake, we wanted to find good chocolate to have as an alternative to the wedding cake and as a take away for guests.  I came across the Chocolate Coin store, and for less than $200 can provide 500 pieces of personalized beglium chocolate.  The foil even comes in various colors so you match them to your wedding colors.  They are local, so I was happy to support a local business - even if the chocolate is from Belgium! :-)
Has anyone used this place?  Any other ideas as an alternative to the grooms cake?  My fiancee does not eat cake, and we wanted something chocolate.

Re: Chocolate Coin Store Houston - Grooms Cake Alternatives

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never used them but I can think of a few alternatives.

You said he wants something chocolate, so what about brownies? They can be frosted and decorated like cakes, so he can still get something decorated and unique to him.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    THere is another store you should check out, it is called the Chocolate Bar, it's near the galleria area. They do a lot of custom stuff, just going into the store is a real treat.

If your Fiance is not a huge cake person, why not do the cupcake tower kind of thing, or maybe a dessert bar. You can do a mixture of pasteries and cookies that you all love and even have a coffee bar to complement it. Look up Grisoski (sp?) coffee, they are in the Discoery Green park but they cater events.

Hope you find something you love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards