Hawaii

Weekend Update

I've contacted my current WC a couple times now and I still haven't heard from her! It's been a few days, now, and no word. It's not like it's wedding season...is it?!

I sent an email to her this morning saying that I haven't heard from her in a few days and I asked if everything was ok. Hmm...shouldn't those emails be the other way around?

Regardless, maybe it's because it's the weekend, but I really just want to get this over and done with...and definitely hoping for a smooth transition! 

I read this on my WC's website yesterday:
Any cancellations to wedding/event reservations must be made in writing to ___________________ no later than 45 days prior to your event date. All deposits received by  ___________________  and/or additional deposits for vendors, sites, rentals, etc. that secured services for your date will be forfeited. Event dates and/or deposits are non-transferable. If for any reason you decide to cancel your wedding services within 45 days of the wedding or event date, you will be charged 100% of your total wedding services plus your nonrefundable coordination deposit.
Cancellations within 45-60 days will incur 75% of the total estimated charges plus any vendor deposits (per their cancellation policy).
Cancellations within 60-90 days will incur 50% of total estimated charges plus any vendor deposits.
Cancellations prior to 120 days will incur a refund less original coordination deposit(s) plus any vendor deposits (per their cancellation policy). All cancellation fees are on top of the initial nonrefundable deposit(s).

Does this mean I'm going to have to give up my venue or that it's non-transfereable to the WC I decide to hire?
DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weekend Update

• It sounds to me like you can't use your deposit on another date with your current WC, as if you decided to change your date to a new one with her.  If you cancel and get a new WC,  I assume that the venue would open up your date again.  She can't keep a wedding date that no one is using anymore.  

• Ya I wouldn't think she can keep your venue from you booking it through someonenelse. Hopefully there's a good reason why she hasn't responded and you won't have to, however, if you decide to get another WC maybe you can contact your venue and let them know you still want the place just need a new WC!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I emailed her again this morning (total of 3 emails) and she finally responded. She said she'd contact me next week... *sigh...

I'm trying to think of various scenarios. One would be she'd try and hold on to the venue and sell it to another bride (since the date is so popular), she may not have trouble finding anyone. However, the venue is contracted between Olowalu and the planning co + my fiancé and me, so I think she just can't give it up so easily.

I'll hold off on contacting Olowalu before I speak with my current WC. I want to make sure she hears it from me first before anyone else (unless she snoops on here. I really should've chosen a screenname that isn't so obvious. lol).

Have a great rest of the weekend!
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hopefully you'll get the answers you need next week!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Is your WC the owner of the company?is it possible to contact someone higher up than her?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_weekend-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:33b426d2-3f66-4ae8-89a3-2b9531bee35cPost:750bf909-ea67-4b42-8eb9-345a6fc461b6">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is your WC the owner of the company?is it possible to contact someone higher up than her?
    Posted by kristadfry[/QUOTE]

<div>Unfortunately, she is... :( </div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FWIW Olowalu will not allow a coordinator to hold a date without a contract between a bride/groom. Once you cancel with your coordinator, call Donna at Olowalu and let her know. She will save the date for you and you can contract with Olowalu directly. I only know this because I fired my first coordinator as well. Hope this helps! If you still have my private email send me a message if you want to talk more. I feel for you as I too dealt with a coordinator who didn't seem to care much and had communication issues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_weekend-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:33b426d2-3f66-4ae8-89a3-2b9531bee35cPost:b1d4607f-4982-40c7-9ac7-40a449f7532d">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]FWIW Olowalu will not allow a coordinator to hold a date without a contract between a bride/groom. Once you cancel with your coordinator, call Donna at Olowalu and let her know. She will save the date for you and you can contract with Olowalu directly. I only know this because I fired my first coordinator as well. Hope this helps! If you still have my private email send me a message if you want to talk more. I feel for you as I too dealt with a coordinator who didn't seem to care much and had communication issues.
    Posted by tiggy85[/QUOTE]

<div>That's actually what my current WC did. I inquired with both her and Donna at Olowalu and she put a hold on the date before we signed a contract with her wedding planning company... :(</div><div>
    </div><div>OMG, glad to know...thank you. Once I get things settled with my current WC, I will most certainly call Donna to let her know...</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks! Very helpful...</div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tiggy, I had your email from a previous conversation we had, just sent you an email! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does she usually attempt to avoid you like the plague? Because that seems ridiculous that she's SO hard to get a hold of... and it wouldn't surprise me if she lurks here. God knows a lot of vendors do.

I say rip off that bandage and call her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_weekend-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:33b426d2-3f66-4ae8-89a3-2b9531bee35cPost:71f8d2f8-038c-4165-a063-31a0de4c77cb">Re: Weekend Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does she usually attempt to avoid you like the plague? Because that seems ridiculous that she's SO hard to get a hold of... and it wouldn't surprise me if she lurks here. God knows a lot of vendors do. I say rip off that bandage and call her.
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

<div>Right? She probably knows something's coming...</div><div>
    </div><div>She finally did respond. We have a phone meeting on Wednesday. Gives me some time to think about what I'm going to say since my #1 concern now is losing our venue. Just got word that if we break contract with our current WC, she may keep Olowalu for herself to save for another client. I guess it's all about the business and apparently not the happiness of a couple? How sad...</div><div>
    </div><div>We'll see if she's willing to compromise. I'll continue to keep you all updated. It's wracking my brain like crazy and I just want this to be over with! :(</div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards