Military Brides

I'd love to hear from others :)

I am just now starting to plan my wedding and have been going through a lot as a military girlfriend. Some support would be great!
future Mrs. Jordan Perrell

Re: I'd love to hear from others :)

• Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The first thing I am going to say is please read up on OPSEC and PERSEC.  Remove your husband's full name from your signature and your account name.  You will have to create a new account and delete this post to do that.  There are creepers everywhere and you never know when one of them will be on this site.  I'm not saying this to be mean it's for the safety of you and your husband.

Other than that, welcome.  I'm no longer a fiance.  I'm a wife and lurk on the knot occassionally.  DH is AD Navy working with the Marines as a Corpsman.  Welcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    what does DH stand for?
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Husband, Darling Husband, or I guess D@mn Husband if you're mad lol.
  • edited December 2011
    oh haha.. thanks. I see it all the time on the boards and couldn't figure out exactly what it stood for :)
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything Sammy said.  Please take your FI name out of your siggy and consider getting a new screen name.  I know you are excited about being his wife, but there are too many crazzies on the net.  There have been women stalked because they shared too much info.  Ladies have also had people cancel their weddings thanks to info they posted on these boards.

Lurk here for a bit.  You will learn a lot.  Also, hop over to The Nest and lurk on the Military Nesties board.  Myself and a few other ladies have buttons in our siggy that will link you to the MN FAQ page.  There is a lot of info there that you may find helpfull.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a navy fiance. My advice to you is to keep busy, do not live your life through his career and don't be a bridezilla. Staying organized is key. By staying busy and working, I had my wedding planned and paid for including the honeymoon 5 months prior.  Remember to have fun with it. Welcome and congrats to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards