Wisconsin

Reception Decorations...Necessities vs Nice to Haves?

I had a meeting with my day of coordinator and I was a little surprised by how chair covers and sashes caused my budget to expand very quickly.

What reception decorations and linens are 'necessities' and what are 'nice to haves' for the GB/Appleton/Oshkosh area?

FormerlyMsKrop

Re: Reception Decorations...Necessities vs Nice to Haves?

• jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in MKE, but I'm not doing chair covers or sashes.  I am doing very little in decorations because my venue is on Lake Michigan with windows on three sides.  I feel the lake and the cityscape at night are stunning enough.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I don't think anything is a necessity.  Do what you feel is necessary to add a touch of you to your venue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing is necessary. 

We did not do chair covers or sashes.  We did DIY centerpieces, an arrangement for the card table and that was about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have large tables, so I felt a necessity was a decent sized centerpiece.  We are not doing chair covers because it would have ballooned our budget too much.
  • breannalynnbreannalynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loooooove how chair covers and sashes look but they're definitely not necessary.  Do you like the way the chairs look without covers and sashes?  If so, then I would say to just skip them and save your money for something else.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really want chair covers and sashes, but what I am thinking is just to have a sash/ribbon around the chair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards