California-San Diego
Options

A Better Deal Tuxedo

Happy Monday ladies!!

Has anyone used this tux shop?  My fiance and I went to another store yesterday and had a crazy experience!  The owner was so incredibely rude, I seriously thought we might be being punk'd or something.  So now we are back to square one and there are some mized reviews on yelp.  Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A Better Deal Tuxedo

• Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. We haven't worked on Kosta's clothing yet but I know we need to get on it, too! I think he wants to do a suit instead of a tux but anyway let me know how your search goes and in the off chance we get on it soon, I'll keep you posted on what has worked well for us. :)
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    @Laura.... TK TOS does not allow vendors to post or advertise; even vendors who are also brides. You have your website in your siggy and I am reporting you.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Laura!  We made an appointment for A Better Deal Tuxedo for next wednesday so I will let you know how that goes! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My intention is to make this review as honest as possible, so that couples getting married in the future can use it to select the proper tux rental establishment. I am going to keep this review in chronological order, so you have a good idea of how my experience went.

In our effort to visit several tux stores to see which one would be right for our wedding, we visited A Better Deal Tuxedo. When we pulled up to their store in Bird Rock, we felt that the exterior was a little run-down looking and the sign was super old. However, when we walked in we met Janet, the co-owner. She was extremely friendly and we seemed to get along with her right away. She explained to us the process and we looked through the suits and showed us pictures of all the famous people they have dressed on the wall.

After that, things seemed to go downhill. We were renting almost 15 tuxedos for our wedding and I chose them because their suits are actually retail suit/tuxedos, as opposed to Savvi Formalwear, which almost every other tux shop has. After the first appointment, we came in 2 or 3 other times and every time I personally felt like I was bothering them. This was highly disturbing as we spent almost $2,000 dollars at their store ($175 per tux, with one rental free). Also, I noticed that all of their notes were handwritten on a single sheet of paper. Therefore, when we changed things, they scribbled out old notes and either wrote on top of it, or in the margins. Sloppy. Is this not the 21st century? Who does not use computers nowadays?

While the other employees were great, Janet’s mood seemed to decline throughout the process. She even had the audacity to talk crap on me to my best man behind my back! Was I really not going to hear about it? Furthermore, there was some miscommunication about the ties we were going to wear and they ordered them without letting me know, so I happened to buy my own ties, but they still expected me to take care of them! Fortunately, Janet resolved the matter and we were over that.

The day before the wedding we went to pick up our tuxes. They managed to give everyone shoes except for me, the groom, which boggled my mind! They tried to tell me, after I already tried on several shoes, selected the exact size (they run large) and style, that I had not asked for shoes. What a joke, why else would I have tried on the shoes several times? Instead of resolving this matter calmly with the suggestions I put forth, they were combative about it. This is when Jerry, the owner (Janet’s husband) got on the phone. He talked about all the pictures on the wall and all the famous people they have dressed and finally said:

“I hope you never get married again!”

Jerry, Business Owner

A Better Deal Tuxedo

After that I was just plain enraged. How could someone in such an industry talk to their clients this way? Especially, the OWNER. He clearly meant to be malicious as I could hear the intense anger in his voice. Needless to say, while their tuxedos are OK, and employees decent, the owners and the way the run their operation is a joke and I would never recommend their services to anyone I truly cared about on their special day.

There are thousands of other tux shops who operate their business efficiently and don’t treat their customers like crap. Although, I guess if you are a celebrity, they might treat you nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards