Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Doing my own make-up!

Hi girls! I am doing my own make-up for our wedding, I have researched quite a few products and read a lot of articles on theknot.com.. what other information can you give me? Thank you in advance for your help with this! :)

Re: Doing my own make-up!

• I'm not a ton of help but I know alot of girls that do their own get tutorials off the internet.  Google "wedding makeup tutorial" and some come up.
  • I'm doing my own makeup, too! I agree with Champagne, go to makeup counters at the mall and have them try different looks. 

Also, take time to experiment and practice! I love doing my makeup and playing around with it (especially eyes) so this is another exciting opportunity to do even more experimenting!
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Hi!  I'm a makeup artist in MA, and I'm willing to give you any advice that you're looking for.  Feel free to ask away.  My first recommendation - do not use a mineral makeup for a foundation.  Even though they are beautiful for every day use (I wear them myself), they tend to photograph as shiny, even greasy looking.  Since you're doing your own makeup, I assume airbrushed foundation is out of the question, so I would recommend you go with a water-based liquid matte foundation.  Also steer clear of too much shimmer - this can also photograph as greasy.
  • emilyajemilyaj member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010

I think the key is to find a foundation and concealer that makes your skin look great. For me, Make Up For Ever HD foundation was the best. I was actually able to get free samples at Sephora and used those for the wedding! Definitely take your time and find great blush and eye shadows, I love Bobbi Brown for eye shadow and Nars for blush. Practice with the colors first! Also, consider false lashes. I used individual false lashes and they looked incredible (after lots and lots of practice of course!). They stayed on for two days (do them the morning of the wedding) and I was able to use very little mascara with them. Good luck and practice lots! Tutorials are great, but practice is key.

• Thank you all! I am feeling empowered! ha :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards