Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

My Vendor Review

Now that my wedding is over I wanted to share comments on the vendors I used(in somewhat chronological order).  This was the info that I found most helpful in planning my wedding:
1.  Rehersal Dinner: Del's (Bloomfield) - B+
We had a rather large rehersal with 70 people.  The food was awesome and everyone had a great time.  My family has been going to Del's since the 1950s so it was nostalgic as well.  The only reason I cannot give an A is because the room is in the basement, but if you want a casual evening with great food this is the place.  Many other places that accomidate this many were double the price.  This would not be a good choice if you would like something on the fancy/trendy side.
2.  Hair/Make-up - Hair Doctors (Gibsonia) - A
I had Heather do my hair and Rebecca do my makeup.  I LOVED both.  My hair is very thick and heavy therefore for hard to get into an updo.  It did not fall the whole night (which was until 4am!).  Makeup was great and very natural.  I had trials for both.  I would recommend getting your hair done here, but you should absolutely do a trial.
3.  Dress - Michael's (North Hills) - B
I loved my dress and thought it was reasonably priced, but alterations were really expensive, but PERFECT so I guess that is what you are paying for.  I have had one or two friends that got non-wedding dresses there and were not happy with the alterations, but mine were great. I would recommend for your dress purchase.
4.  Photographers - Craig Photography - A+
John and Elizabeth took so many amazing pictures with many unique perspectives.  I usually hate pics of myself and I love the ones they took.  The only thing I didn't like is that some of our family/group photos were really wind-blown, but the photographers can't control the weather. Wish we would have taken a few more inside at the club (we have other inside ones at the church). The other thing that was great was that they totally blended in the with party, you didn't feel like you were being followed or anything.  I would definately recommend!
5. Flowers - Dietz (Bellvue) - B
The planning session was really great and you leave with a very good understanding on what your flowers will look like.  I was a bit disappointed in my bouquet because it was more purple-ish than the pink we talked about.  I understand that they can't control nature, but I saw others of the same flower in the centerpieces that had better color.  Wish they would have put those in my bouquet.  I would recommend using them for flowers.
6.  Trolley - Lenzner - A
Trolley was on time and driver was super nice.  They also let me change the itinerary a few times with no problem/hassle.  You can bring drinks on board as well. I would recommend.
7.  Reception - The Pittsburgh Field Club - A++++
This really made our wedding super enjoyable.  The Field Club has no many beautiful rooms as well as outdoor space for guests to enjoy.  We had 212 guests and we could not have been more comfortable.  We took pictures on the grounds and they turned out amazing (ok, this is more due to Craig Photography, but they has a lot of scenery to work with).  The food was also great (although I didn't eat much of it, too busy!), we did Pittsburgh style appetizers (mini pierogies, primanti mini sandwiches) which were a hit.  The bartenders were great.  The cake was delicious.  Most importantly the coordinator there (Julie) is super organized and a total expert.  She gave us lots of tips on how to have the wedding day flow and how to make our day easier.  She really knows what she is doing.  We have family friends that have been to weddings all over the country in some of the best hotels/clubs and they said ours was one of the best.  I would absolutely recommend!

8.  DJ - Wenning Entertainment - A
Eric did an great job getting people up on the dance floor...and it remained crowdws all night. I would recommend him.

9.  Invitations - Jean M online - C
Forogt about these, should have put first.  These were just ok, I'm not sure they were worth the money.  We got the Isabella style and I didn't think the printing looked as good as the sample that was sent. Would not recommend.

Re: My Vendor Review

• edited December 2011
    Congrats- sounds like you had great vendors!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the wedding and thank you for sharing your reviews!  Would you like to have any of your vendors added to the recommended vendor or vendor beware lists for the board?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards