Utah

what's your wedding splurge?

I was just looking at my wedding budget and breaking things out into percentages, and I realized that I am planning on spending 30% of my budget on photography and videography!  (It's a big chunk, but this part is extremely important to us [since we're both photographers]).

I thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone else is going to splurge on.  The perfect reception hall?  A giant dinner?  A designer gown?  The honeymoon?  

It might also be interesting to know what you're going to sacrifice or go cheap on so that you have more money for your splurge.  For me, it will be the flowers--I'm hoping to use fall leaves for most things!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what's your wedding splurge?

• edited December 2011
    Things I thought would be big expenses have been, thankfully, not so bad.  We're really blessed to have a lot of friends in the wedding business, so we get some good deals.  And I've found some amazing vendors for really low prices!  Our biggest splurge has probably been clothing for ourselves and the bridal party.  I splurged on my Maggie Sottero rather than go the generic Utah dress route and we just found a great suit for my FI that cost more than we expected, but he can wear over and over again.  I also offered to buy my bridesmaid dresses since I picked ones that were out of budget for my girls. 

In order to get more wiggle room, we're scrimping on flowers (I'm not a very flowery girl) and decorations (my mom and I are totaly crafters, so we're DIYing most of the decorations).
  • KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We splurged on venue and food (it came together).  On the other hand my mom made my dress, so it was cheaper than it would have been.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards