Texas-Austin
Options

"Industrial/Modern" Venues?

Has anyone come across venues in the Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown area that have a more modern or industrial aesthetic? My fiance and I are both architects and we want something a little... different. I loved Arthouse Texas but it's $4500 for just a roof deck; what if it's still 100 degrees next September? My grandmothers will have heatstroke.

We're having a traditional Catholic ceremony, most likely at my parents' parish in Georgetown. I guess that is making me want something a little outrageous for the reception -FI is looking at airplane hangars.

and FYI: end of next September, 150+ people, preferably not more than $3500 for the venue, indoor/outdoor would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Re: "Industrial/Modern" Venues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the Palm Door?  http://www.palmdoor.com/

Is there anything listed in The Knot listings?
  • Options
    gwta78703gwta78703 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I was going to suggest Palm Door, as well. We're getting married there this November, and we've been really happy with the level of service, and what you get for the price.
    It's an old cabinet factory that was turned into a restaurant at one time (City Grill), and is now a venue space. I don't know if they can fit 150 for a seated dinner inside, but maybe if you inside and outside.

I know it's not industrial, but we also considered the Bob Bullock museum. The interior architecture is beautiful, and it's reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out The Design Center of Austin.  Here is a link to some photos from a wedding reception held there (was actually the wedding of Austin florist Amy of Merveille Flowers).  I remember seeing these pictures and thought how cool the space was.  Sounds right up your taste alley.

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/61466/view.aspx?type=1&id=61466

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Design Center looks perfect, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards