Illinois-Chicago
Options

ceremony musicians / strings

hi - so we're thinking we'd like to hire a string trio to do our ceremony music and cocktail hour. i found one - innocenti strings - who will cost about $700 for the ceremony and cocktail hour. has anyone used (or using) them or anyone else? how much did you pay? thanks!!!

Re: ceremony musicians / strings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend European String Quartet.  Ive used them for a corporate event and have them contracted for our wedding as well.  They are a group of educated professional Polish women and I really enjoyed working with them in December. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a pretty good price! I thought I got a good deal by paying $836 for a string trio + trumpet and then a duo will come to cocktail hour. Affinity Music Company.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always check in with the music departments at local universities. Northwestern has an amazing music program (undergrad-doctoral). It may be possible to contact them and see if there are any student ensembles that would do this. They will most likely be just as talented, but likely cheaper (since they are students)
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having my FI cousin and her friends perform.  They play sting insturments and do it for practice/enjoyment and much cheaper than any vendor you'll find.

Maybe you could check Vandercook or even Craigslist?  You could even post of Craigslist for musicisions? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards