New York-Western

Wedding Venues

I am planning a wedding next May, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a venue to host. I have about 200 guests, trying to stay within $50.00 per person, nothing over the top, just wondering suggestions

Re: Wedding Venues

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area of Western NY are you looking? (i.e. Buffalo, Rochester)
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    If you are open to a little drive, check out the wineries on the finger lakes.  I know Ventosa and Glenora are both within that budget, have awesome food, amazing wine and truly beautiful, unique settings...
    Good luck!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Also, just an FYI- with a crowd that large, you may have better luck with an outdoor venue... I know it's kind of iffy with our weather up here, but I faced the same issues and was so close to just booking tents, etc in a beautiful location.  The price may have actually been a little cheaper, but we fell in love with Glenora.  Sherry (wedding coordinator) is amazing... definitely worth checking out!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Pearl Street is within your budget (depending on your menu choices).  That is where we are having our wedding.  I think it has a lot of character.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear the Beaver Island Clubhouse has great outdoor weddings!  And I really like the Conference Center in Niagara Falls for an indoor one. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree the finger lakes are a really nice place to hold weddings. I've also heard the Genesseo Museum is a really nice place... if you're in the Rochester area, we're having ours at the Mendon Country Club in Honeoye Falls... it can accomdate up to 250 with a nice place to have a ceremony out in their gazebo. Prices are cheapest we've found in Rochester... GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Glen Iris Inn in Letchworth State Park.  For your wedding size, you can do it outdoors as I am, and depending on the food you choose for your reception, you can easily do it for under $50 a person.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • edited December 2011
    I heard the conference center sucks, I have to go to a lame wedding there on Friday, so I will post about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards