Ohio-Columbus

FOSL

I've gotten bids from a few florists and it seems like FOSL just blows everyone else out of the water on prices and also what they give you for your money.  Anyone who has used them or will be using them, were you happy and what is you opinion?  I'm planning from out of town, so I might need to just book without meeting with them so I want to be sure.  Do they do the flowers out of their home and how does that work?  Any info you can share would be great!

I know FOOL is the other highly recommended florist, but they haven't returned any calls or emails and Mandy and Manor house isn't taking weddings next spring.  I also contacted these florists, but their prices and professionalism doesn't compare to FOSL:
Oberer's
Daisy Baskey
Connell's Maple Lee
Elegant Touch Events

TIA ladies!

Re: FOSL

• edited December 2011

I was originally going to use Manor House Flowers, but had to switch vendors because Mandy is expecting a baby. I didn't think anyone would be able to come close to matching the quote Mandy had given me (and was worried because I am on a VERY tight budget for flowers!)

Another Knottie recommended Designs by Jerry. He works out of his home, is super nice and does about 70 weddings a year. His pricing was far and away lower than I ever thought I could find. I was originally planning to have a florist do the bouquets, corsages and bouts and DIY my centerpieces because I couldn't afford to pay for centerpieces. But Jerry is doing ALL of the flowers, including 22 centerpieces, for a great price and is letting me borrow 22 vases from him for free! He also charges no deleivery or setup fee. If you want me to PM you his contact info, let me know. I am thrilled with him so far. He is saving me at least a couple hundred dollars and a ton of stress!!

kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    would you mind sending me Design by Jerry's contact information?  Thanks!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • fallbride'10fallbride'10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Designs by Jerry!! He's doing my wedding and also did my sister's so I have seen his work and it's very nice. Ehighley- glad it worked out for you!
    November 12, 2010 imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

jnkreager- I sent you a PM

• osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fallbride- really OT but is that your trial run for hair? I love it! If so, who is doing it?
  • edited December 2011
    I used FOSL for my wedding and they were great! I just recently posted a review on them just a few posts down. I would highly recommend them! They do work out of their homes but that allows them to keep their costs down which impacts YOUR costs overall as well...plus they are just great ladies!
  • edited December 2011

I am using FOSL for my may wedding.  I met with them and they are awesome!  Sweetest ladies you will ever meet.  They have tons of wonderful ideas and they give you soooooooooooo much for your money.  I went to probably 6 places and got quotes.  FOSL was cheaper than all the other places and the even added in 10 centerpieces that were not added into my quotes from othr places.  I just absolutely love them.  They also have lots of rental equipment that I am pretty sure all the rentals are free. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, Fallbride!! I am so glad it worked out, too. Plus, I told him I was referred from a Knottie and he gave me a 10% discount! Woohoo! Your recommendation seriously saved me a lot of stress, so thanks again :)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• mandriettimandrietti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I pm'ed you gmmoore21!
  • edited December 2011
    We used FOSL for our May wedding (we booked them without having heard too much about them other than a review from one other knottie before they blew up on this board), and I really can't say enough great things about these two ladies.  I worked pretty closely with them on our flowers and in the end, they were better than I could have imagined.  I wrote a review about them a few months ago:

"I can’t say enough great things about FOSL.  I met with or spoke with more than half a dozen florists to get quotes and these ladies were by far the lowest for what you get.  One of the ladies’ daughter-in-law was a former knottie and said great things about their business over a year ago as it was slowly taking off, so I looked into it and boy, was I glad I did!  They work out of their homes (as their second careers), and thus have minimal overhead.  In addition, they are probably the sweetest and most patient vendors I’ve worked with during this stressful process.  When I changed my wedding colors, they revised my quote with no hassle, while some required a deposit before revision of any kind (umm what?!).  I booked them while living in S. Korea, and they were always quick to respond and very understanding of my situation.  When my flower budget was cut in half, they were quick to work with me yet again to get me exactly what I wanted.   When I got nervous about the flowers even up to two weeks before the wedding, they once again worked with me on a revision with smiles on their faces.  My MIL even booked them as a surprise for our RD centerpieces and we loved their work then as well!  Honestly – they’re worth it.  In the end, I was in love with how everything turned out – the bouquets, the centerpieces, the arbor décor, everything!  I’ll continue to recommend them to friends and family, and definitely enjoyed working with them."

They work out of one of the owner's homes (and they do client meetings at the other's house around the corner) -- that means low overhead and they sure pass the savings on to you, which I guess you saw by your quote.  :)  I don't think they'll disappoint!  They have a FB page too, in case you want to see a little bit of their work, but if you'd like to hear more or even see some of our pics from the wedding, I'd be happy to share them.  Just PM me. 

Best of luck and hope this helps!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    megsous-- I wish that was me but it's just my hair inspiration picture!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used FOOL for our wedding this past May. They usually don't do email and I never had a problem getting ahold of them via phone. Try again because they are worth it! We looked into the Daisy Basket but FOOL beat their price by almost a third and gave us more flowers. I also felt Daisy Basket was hard to get ahold of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards