New Jersey - South

Valleybrook Country Club

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding at Valleybrook Country Club in Blackwood?  My fiance and I are considering that venue I would love to get some opinions from people that have had experiences there.  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Valleybrook Country Club

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend from hs just had her wedding there. Although I didn't go, I heard the food was really good. And you get the chivari chairs for free there! I'm very jealous at that since I had to pay for mine lol.
  • coreybride127coreybride127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedidng there in 2004. It was really nice, but I didn't think the food was good at all. Since this was 6 years ago, I'm sure it's better now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lynee397lynee397 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to both a wedding and banquet there and I also thought that the food wasn't good.  That was about 1 yr ago so maybe things have changed or you can do a tasting prior to booking.
  • Butterfly219Butterfly219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some good reviews on one of these boards. We are going to check it out next Wednesday.
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews ladies!  Butterfly, I would love to hear your opinion once you see it.
    Anniversary
  • rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Valleybrook and have been to the country club for a few different things, wedding, banquet, and a golf outting.. each time I had a different take on the food.. the wedding food was great! the banquet was okay.. and the golf outting was good... How many people are you going to have? the hall is kind of small
    edited December 2011
    Rclark, we are looking at about 120-130.  Do you think the hall will hold that many people for a sit down dinner with a dance floor?  I will obviously ask at the venue as well, but sometimes they say it's no problem and then everyone is tripping over each other.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there is February.  The head chief changed sometime between January 2009 and fall 2010.  The food was AMAZING!  We got tons of great compliments about it and how big the portion size was. 

I absolutely loved it there and Tracey is amazing.  We too got the chivarti chairs as an option but picked the chairs with covers (looked better with our colors). 

Everyone there went above and beyond and I didn't have to worry about anything all night.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our visit went well. It was quick because she didn't cover all the package prices, instead we received a folder with all the information. If you do book, she encourages you to come back and take a golf cart out to explore the grounds so that you know where you would like your pictures prior to the day.

There is a lot included. I love having the coktail hour on the desk, that is can be covered or open depending on the weather.  Even when it's covered, you can still see the golf course. The cake is included from Isgro's Bakery in Phila as well as the chairs mentioned above. The packages range from 59.95 to almost 100. She also includes a center piece (candelabra with fresh rose pedals) and a large fabric covered card box so you don't have to buy one of those.

We put a hold on a date am in the process of scheduling a tasting. You can do a tasting for any entree, but not any of the carving items and you can bring 4 additional people. I would love to taste the Hors D Oeuvres, but I don't think that is an option. Those choices look great. I've aked for an Aug. 1st tasting because I would really like my future ILs to come in town for it. I hope they will hold the room that long.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one more thing. The room was just updated in the last year, it's now a green color. There was a golf event the day we went. Everything look clean with sleak lines. Not too frilly or to much floral.

The bathrooms and bridal rooms are not fancy as all. I don't plan on using the bridal room so that wasn't a big deal to me.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the update Butterfly!  My parents went to check it out a couple weeks ago (I live across the country so they get to do all the dirty work :-p).  They weren't blown away by it, however they thought it was nice.  They want to do a tasting before they decide how much they like it.  If the food is great they think it might be worth it, as like you said you get a lot for your money!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards