Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone!

I finally had time to write my vendor reviews from my May Wedding.  Hope they help!

Bridal Gown

MB Bride (Greensburg) – A++

I loved the consultants at MB Bride.  From day one they were helpful and always in a good mood.  After I found my dream dress (which was 14 months before my wedding date), they let me store my dress in the store until it was time to get fitted for alterations.  After my alterations were finished (2 weeks before my wedding), they still let me keep my dress at the store until the week of my wedding.  I received nothing but great service from MB Bride and they had a great dress selection.

Bridesmaid & Flower Girl Dresses

David’s BridalC

I was really disappointed with David’s Bridal when going through the process of ordering my bridesmaid dresses.  I went into the store, told them what dresses, shoes, and sashes I wanted so they could input them into their system for my bridesmaids when they came in.  Between that time and the time my bridesmaids went to purchase their dresses, the dress and shoes had been discontinued.  However, no one at David’s Bridal ever notified me of the discontinuation.  So, at the last minute, I was scrambling to find new dresses and shoes.  Various bridesmaids ended up getting different shoes because of this lack of notice.  The same thing happened with my flower girls, as a result, the flower girls had one two different dresses.  I think they need to have a much better communication system.

Hair

C&C Ellise (North Side) – B

Kim Ellise did my hair for my wedding.  I also went to her for my hair trial.  Because my hair style took a little longer to complete during the trial, I decided to get it done in stages for the wedding.  The day before the wedding, I had my hair washed, dried and had the tracks put in.  The day of the wedding, I just had my hair curled and pinned up.  So I had a total of three appointments with Kim.  She did a great job and the pricing was reasonable.  However, I made each of my appointment for first thing in the morning, so I was her first person of the day.  She was late for EVERY appointment I had with her.  Her shop opened at 10am, she didn’t pull up until 10:05/10:10am.  So I had to wait for her to open and set up.  She did a great job, so I put up with it.  But this was very annoying, especially considering all of the other things I had to do.

Nails  

Top Nails (Crafton)A++

The owner of the shop, Lee, was very flexible with working around my schedule the week of the wedding.  I believe I had to reschedule twice due to other things I had to do that week.  Lee remained pleasant with me throughout the whole process.  My manicure and pedicure was very relaxing and my nails turned out great!

Florist

Shelley’s Floral ArrangementsA++

We decided to go with artificial flowers for the wedding.  Shelley was very professional and took the time to find out exactly what we envisioned for our floral arrangement.  She did my bouquet, my husband’s boutonniere, all the flowers for the bridal party, parents and other key people.  She also made the broom for us to jump the broom.  Shelley was also able to make the centerpieces for the tables at the reception.  She is very talented and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to go the artificial flower route.  She currently works out of her home.  If anyone is interested, send me an email for her information (britters29@comcast.net).

Transportation

Three Rivers Transportation (Used to be City Lights Limousine) – FAIL

I was really disappointed with the service received from this limo company.    When the driver picked me and the bridesmaids up to take us to the church, he was not wearing a tuxedo.  Instead he had on black dickie pants and a black button up shirt (which was not even tucked in).  There was also an unidentified woman in the front of the limo with the driver who was also not dressed appropriately.  Once the driver picked us up, he was not completely sure of how to get to the church.  We had to give him directions along the way.  Once inside the limo, the mirrors were dirty and it had faint disturbing smell.  My maid of honor immediately called her mom to bring some air freshener to the church to spray in the limo.  We also tried to use the radio, which had a short in it.  It would cut off if we turned it up pass a certain volume level.  After the ceremony, my husband and I got in a horse drawn carriage to take us to the park to take additional photos.  It took a little while for the limo to catch up with us.  When we asked one of the members of the bridal party about it, they told us the limo wouldn’t start and they had to get a jump!!  All in all these issues didn’t stop up from getting to the church or the hall on time, but it was not the type of experience one would like to have on their wedding day!

Wolfe Carriages – A++

I absolutely loved working with Bill and his wife.  I decided to get the carriage as a surprise for my husband.  They have a large variety of different carriages you can use, but I went with the Cinderella carriage with the white horses.  Bill worked with me to make sure he didn’t arrive until the end of the ceremony so that we could surprise everyone.  Bill kept checking with my mom to make sure everything was just how we wanted it.  The carriage was such a nice touch, very affordable and made for some great pictures!  I would definitely use them again.

Caterer

Erin’s Fine Food’sA

The Hall that I used only allowed the choice of two outside caterers.  When we did a tasting with the first vendor, we were not all that excited about their presentation or the quality of the food.  However, when we did our tasting at Erin’s, we were blown away right from the beginning.  Erin was much friendlier; the presentation of the food was very professional and the food tasted great! Not only that, but her prices were also lower than the first caterer we did our tasting with.  Erin’s events manager, Linda, was also very professional.  Anytime I called she always knew exactly who I was and she was very timely in answering my questions.  When I arrived at the hall on the day of the wedding, the hall was setup exactly the way I envisioned. 

Venue

The Great HallA+

I loved this venue.  It was the first venue we visited and I knew right away that it was the right hall for us.  They allowed us to bring in our own alcohol, which saved us a couple thousand dollars.  The owner, Tom, was also very pleasant to work with.  He was always very responsive with any questions I had.  As we were setting up the hall, we realized we didn’t have enough chair covers.  When I explained the issue, Tom immediately allowed us to use his half back chair covers on the remaining chairs.

Baker

Signature DessertsA-

Along with our wedding cake, we ordered the dessert buffet package from Signature Desserts.  It was a nice variety of items.  I had no idea what I wanted when it came to designing our wedding cake.  Linda worked with me for about an hour to come up with something I liked, and the end result was perfect.  The cake tasted great too!  When the cakes were delivered to the hall, they weren’t cut, but scored for the caterer to know where to cut the pieces.  When the cakes were cut and put out the pieces were way too big for the amount of guests we had.  Because of this, I don’t believe everyone was able to get a piece of cake.   I’m not sure if this was a mix up with Signature Desserts, by scoring the pieces too big, or the caterer Erin’s Fine Foods, by just cutting the pieces too big.  Also, Signature Desserts does not provide contracts like many other bakers do.  Instead, Linda keeps a piece of hand written notes on a wall with your information on it.  Everything worked out for me, but I can see how this may be an issue for others (confusion with outstanding balance, when final payment is due, etc.).

DJ

Nick NiceB

I was however, a little annoyed with the planning process.  My father and I wanted to do a special dance for the father/daughter dance.  It was something we saw another father/daughter do on youtube.  Nick was supposed to pull the songs from that video and make us our own cleaned up version on a cd for us to practice with.  Instead, about a week before the wedding, he just copied the same youtube clip and put it on a cd for us.  He was also supposed to call me and get the correct pronouncements of the bridal party before the wedding.  He ended up calling me on the day of the wedding to discuss the details.  I was pretty busy with other things, and couldn’t really talk to him.  When we got to the reception and were waiting to be announced, he came outside to finalize some last minute details with me.  I was pretty annoyed because he should have gotten all the details he needed before the day of the wedding.   However, after all of this, Nick did a really good job at the wedding with keeping the guests entertained.  We didn’t give him any guidelines on what music to play so he just kind of did his own thing.  He did a really good job reading the guests and playing the right songs.    

Photobooth & Photographer  

A Crystal Clear Sound Video & PhotographyA++

ACCSVP was absolutely great to work with.  Originally, I booked my photobooth with them and reserved a different photographer.  The photographer fell through and ACCSVP worked with me at the last minute to find an available photographer at a great package price.  Before the wedding, my contact, Katie, kept in touch with me and was very thorough with all the details for the wedding day.  The photographer that arrived on my wedding day was fantastic.  She had a great attitude, was always in the right place to get the memorable shots, and she had great pose ideas for us. 

I really didn’t get in the photobooth too much, but I heard nothing but great comments from my guests.  The photobooth came with props, scrap book and an extra strip for the guests to take home.  We were able to take our scrap book home the night of the wedding. And when we returned from our honeymoon, our pictures from the photographer were waiting for us.

Overall, the service provided by ACCSVP was outstanding and the prices were very reasonable!

Videographer

Lauver Creative ProductionsA++

I reserved two videographers through Lauver Creative Productions and they were great!  They had great attitudes and a nice sense of humor.   They arrived at the church early and were able to get some great shots of the outside of the church before everyone arrived.   I believe they also stayed a little past their ending time to make sure they were able to get all of the special events at the reception.  Their final product was very good.  It took a couple days longer to get back than they said it would (2-4weeks), but it was worth the wait. Their prices were also very reasonable.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Thanks for the reviews!  I was so going to use ACCSVP but then decided against it.  UGH!  But I'm glad they worked out for you.

As far as your hair..... that totally sucks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards