Florida-Central Florida

TTD Question!

So...my wedding package included a TTD/after wedding session (because i reeeeeally wanted to do one!)  and I never used it. I recently lost the 20 lbs I gained after the wedding and realized I either need to do it now (before we start trying for a baby) or never. If it was you would you do the pics or would you just lose the money since it's over a year after the wedding? It feels kinda silly to take them, but in 30 years i don't think I'll care that it was a year later. I don't know.  My photographer is free on Saturday and could do it...and I have a hair appointment that day and she has time to style it for me a little afterwards. But, again...I feel a little weird. I don't know if I should just lose the money and maybe one day regret it or go ahead and do it this weekend and maybe feel a little silly. What would you do?

And if you would do it...where would you go? Any ideas? LOL!

Re: TTD Question!

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, do it do it! For sure!  If you really wanted one, why didn't you do it right after the wedding?  
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a lot of friends' weddings in the few months immediately afterwards and didn't want to steal any attention from them and then I put on the weight in just a few months so I wanted to get it off first. :)

• edited December 2011
    DOOOOO IT! :)

If you don't like the pictures (which you won't), no harm no foul, havn't lost anything except some time. and you know Tab makes you feel beautiful and its just a lot of fun.

DOOOOO IT!
  • edited December 2011
    p.s. isn't the correct answer of where, a horse farm? were you able to find one anywhere that you could use?
  • lvanfleetlvanfleet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it!!!  You already paid for it, and you deserve it!  Who cares if it's a year later; it's your dress, your photos, your fun! 

Not sure what you want to do for the TTD, but a few locations that came to my mind were:
    Cypress Grove
    Canaveral National Seashore (Playalinda Beach), if you want to get wet!

Lauren

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ttd-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:eec4eadb-daa7-4296-81bd-24ba80ce72b6Post:85924b23-119a-4bd2-96d6-c8520627751d">Re: TTD Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]p.s. isn't the correct answer of where, a horse farm? were you able to find one anywhere that you could use?
    Posted by LuckilyinLove[/QUOTE]

I wish. Gorjush's awesome mom has a pretty horse stabled at a pretty farm, and she was going to let me do my pics there. But there was a communication problem...she lost my number and i wasn't calling her back because i didn't want to bother her. Gorjush told me her mom lost my number so I left her mom another message today, but I think less than a week's notice is probably not enough for her (which I completely understand.) We'll see! If she calls me back and if it isn't too inconvenient for her, then I'm definitely doing the pics there. If not, I don't have an alternate horse and didn't have a backup plan in mind. Eeek!
  • chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen pics on dif sites where people did those pictures a year later. I don't think it's even an issue. You DEF. don't want to loose the money, thats just silly!
  • edited December 2011
    You should totally do it! How fun to get dressed up again a year after your wedding.  I think it's great you waited -- now you can put your dress (or a wedding dress) on again.  Totally embrace it and have fun.  You had a beautiful venue where you were married... think they'd let you go back there and take pictures???? That might be fun.  Although it really sounds like the horse farm is what you'd like... maybe as your photog (Tab??) if she can recommend something.  :)
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should do it!  You already paid for the session and you know it will be fun.  And like the pp said, I don't think it matters that is has been a year later.
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DUH... DO IT ! :-)
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It doesn't matter if it's been a year- think of it as an anniversary shoot.  :) You should totally do it! 

• edited December 2011

exactly it is an anniversary shoot! Plus you get to feel glamerous.  There is a horse stable on Longwood Hills Rd. In Longwood, FL I know this because it is right across from my parents neighborhood and haven ridden most my life I am horse obessed haha, I love the idea of taking pictures with the horses they are great studies.  DO IT!  I would include the FI too if you can.

• edited December 2011
    Do it! Show off what you have worked hard to loose, because I know you were busting your ass!

There is a stable up in Rock Springs State Park off 46 (I think) that might let you come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! It's already paid for, plus it could be fun! I think a fountain would be a fun TTD, there's a nice one behind Friendly Confines in Lake Mary that is kinda hidden behind things so you might not get chased out by security, lol. A barn/stable would be cute too! I do pass the horse one on Longwood Hill Road all the time, there is a house that has a barn and allows for boarding (actually, I think there are 2 of them) and riding lessons along Lake Mary blvd. Maybe if you just called them up they would let you do it there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Definately DO IT!
    It'll be so much fun, and we all want to see the pics ;)
  • edited December 2011
    You should definitely do it Sarah! I bet it'd be so much fun too! I've always loved the area around Rollins College and downtown Orlando is always fun. There are some crazy spots up here in Chicago for pictures :) haha...have fun! 
  • edited December 2011
    It's paid for... def. do it!!! How did you lose the weight??? I gained a ton of weight after the wedding too :(

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ttd-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:eec4eadb-daa7-4296-81bd-24ba80ce72b6Post:7316ab18-8d73-4b7b-91be-567485c2b13e">Re: TTD Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DUH... DO IT ! :-)
    Posted by Blonde407[/QUOTE]
    Agreed!!! And I was thinking the same thing when ppl said anniversary shoot. I want to do that! Not that we didn't get good pics but I just feel like we didn't exactly get the ones I wanted. DO IT and it will be amazing!!!
  • adarlingztaadarlingzta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it! Do you know how many women can't fit into their dress a yr later??? Be glad that you can and take amazing pictures. You'll look back and remember you fit in the dress and forget about the weight =) You will have an amazing time!

Or see if you can save it for a maternity session (just to throw another idea out there)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ttd-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:eec4eadb-daa7-4296-81bd-24ba80ce72b6Post:fdaaccd3-6ce8-4df7-94b6-7f8f9262c4df">Re: TTD Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do it! Do you know how many women can't fit into their dress a yr later??? Be glad that you can and take amazing pictures. You'll look back and remember you fit in the dress and forget about the weight =) You will have an amazing time! Or see if you can save it for a maternity session (just to throw another idea out there)
    Posted by adarlingzta[/QUOTE]
    AMY! HI!!!! I thought about saving it for a maternity session, too.

I'm surprised nobody posted, "Honestly, let it go. You are already married, you already have wedding pics...it's too late now." Because a full 40% of my brain is screaming that at me. But...it will be fun. So it's still on for right now! Tab has a friend with a horse, so I even have a horse for the shoot now. The only problem is the big fat 50% chance of rain we have for late afternoon/ early evening Saturday.

Thanks ladies for all of your feedback!!! I'll be sure to share the pics on here if we end up doing them. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

if anybody has any of the following items that they want to let me borrow for the shoot (lol!), send me a message!
    badass jewelry (like a big necklace)
    badass boots
    badass cowboy hat
    birdcage veil

• edited December 2011
    I've seen a few, they look great!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ttd-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:eec4eadb-daa7-4296-81bd-24ba80ce72b6Post:df54eeef-1b9d-4af8-9c85-eec31dccd17d">Re: TTD Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen a few, they look great!
    Posted by cwbykitty[/QUOTE]
    aww thank you! i can't believe i did it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards