Second Weddings

Idea for tables at reception - WDYT?

So our date is quickly approaching (1/8/11) and we were trying to find a way to fit in how we nearly met so many times until we finally ended up working together. FI actually wrote something really sweet about it last year. Anyway I was thinking about making a poster with sort of a timeline of our story to display on the "gift table" (for lack of a better word... this is where we will have a guitar for our guests to sign (he's a musician) and a place for any cards or gifts we get). Then I thought since we're limited on how much we can put on the poster, we could expand on the story by making tent cards to put on each table, each telling a little part of our story. This way it would encourage people to mingle and go to each table. We're just having a cocktail hour with apps and dessert and going for a lounge-like feel in the room, and we're having a band.
I'm still trying to come up with else to put on the tables, probably candles and something simple.
So what do you ladies think of this idea?

Oh, and since I haven't really posted any updates at all - our STDs went out, getting ready to print invitations, and I have my dresses (one for the ceremony in December and one for the party in January).

Re: Idea for tables at reception - WDYT?

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of putting little parts of your story on each table.
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love love the idea of a part of your story displayed on each table......some how you have to make it known, so people do mingle and read them all.......

the candles will add a nice touch and a bit of warming atmosphere to the cocktail lounge feel....sometimes votives mixed with pillars is also nice 

Definitely keep us updated !
  • edited December 2011
    I love your 'save the dates" ...

and I l ove the idea of telling your story throughout your reception, it sounds like fun.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of telling your story throughout your reception, that is a really great idea!  Sounds like a lot of fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I too love the idea of telling your story throughout your tables.  Very unique and definitely puts a personal touch to it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011
    Well thank you so much ladies for the feedback. Now I just have to get to work writing them up. Think I'll have my FI the English major get to work on these.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you have the idea, may I add a suggestion?  Have each card saying "Part 1, Part 2, Part 3"...etc., so your guests can have fun looking for the next part!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards